Sign in with
Your question

What's the technical term for this problem

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 4, 2012 4:22:14 AM

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/1001176m.jpg/

There are "circles" on my screen showing different colour and it very noticeable and flickers.

I'd like to return my monitor or my gpu if that is the problem, but I need to know the technical term. Does anybody know?

Or does anybody know how to fix this?

More about : technical term problem

a c 193 C Monitor
August 4, 2012 3:52:59 PM

Those are not circles, they are squares.

I've never seen that before on a monitor if the color is supposed to be uniform throughout the monitor. Basically it seems to me that there are blocks of pixels that are not responding correctly to the signals sent from the video card to the monitor.

This leads me to believe that there is probably something wrong with the circuit board inside the monitor. My advice is to exchange it for another monitor.

Can you hook the monitor up to another PC? This would eliminate your PC as the probable culprit if the monitor displays this same issue with another PC.
August 5, 2012 7:21:08 AM

jaguarskx said:
Those are not circles, they are squares.

I've never seen that before on a monitor if the color is supposed to be uniform throughout the monitor. Basically it seems to me that there are blocks of pixels that are not responding correctly to the signals sent from the video card to the monitor.

This leads me to believe that there is probably something wrong with the circuit board inside the monitor. My advice is to exchange it for another monitor.

Can you hook the monitor up to another PC? This would eliminate your PC as the probable culprit if the monitor displays this same issue with another PC.

Hi, those squares are part of the game :)  I'm talking about the curves/circles that have different colours and you can see the lines. I'm not sure if it's really visible on a picture but it flickers and it seems like it's a much different colour than game as if each layer gets brighter.
!