[Crawl] What're the odds?

I'd just found the Temple on Level 4 and had gone up there to wield my
way through all the weapons I'd collected without being interrupted by
any orcs or giant bats or the like. The RNG must have been having fun
with me, because I found:

a - an uncursed dwarven dagger of venom (weapon)
b - an uncursed orcish dagger of venom
c - an uncursed runed dagger of venom
u - an uncursed glowing dagger of venom

That's one per level explored--and no other branded weapons.

I mean, really, what *are* the odds?

E. Liddell

eliddell@no.patience.for.spam wrote in message news:<416d38fa.63669041@news.storm.ca>...
> I'd just found the Temple on Level 4 and had gone up there to wield my
> way through all the weapons I'd collected without being interrupted by
> any orcs or giant bats or the like. The RNG must have been having fun
> with me, because I found:
>
> a - an uncursed dwarven dagger of venom (weapon)
> b - an uncursed orcish dagger of venom
> c - an uncursed runed dagger of venom
> u - an uncursed glowing dagger of venom
>
> That's one per level explored--and no other branded weapons.
>
> I mean, really, what *are* the odds?
>
> E. Liddell

Well, that seems rather interesting! Is your character assasin/thief,
by chance? ;) No, really, he must be paladin or priest. Would the gods
that want you to "fight without tricks" (don't remember the wording)
accept poisoned weapons?

The Mummy I wrote YASD about had osme weird luck concerning spears of
reaching, although not that much. He found only 3 spears of reaching.
+1+2, +1+2 that became +1+3 with certain scroll and one runed spear of
reaching I had not identified. I had explored five levels, but as a
mummy, I took my time...

Janne J.