[Crawl] Double AC bonus on a sling

My ogre mage transmuter just found this:

Q - the uncursed sling "Huk Qic Kejeku"
It protects the one who wields it against injury (+5 to AC).
It affects your AC (+3).
It affects your dexterity (+2).
It speeds your metabolism.

This is obviously a sling of protection with an extra
AC bonus. I don't mind that kind of combination but it
would be less confusing if the AC effects were combined
into one statement in the description (+8 to AC).

Would it be worth the effort coding-wise, I don't know...

-Jukka
--
Jukka Kuusisto

Jukka Kuusisto <jkuusist@cc.hut.fi> bellowed:

> My ogre mage transmuter just found this:

> Q - the uncursed sling "Huk Qic Kejeku"
> It protects the one who wields it against injury (+5 to AC).
> It affects your AC (+3).
> It affects your dexterity (+2).
> It speeds your metabolism.

Nice one, apart from the hunger. (That speedy metabolism is the same
as hunger, right?)

> This is obviously a sling of protection with an extra AC bonus.

Yes, if you know of the 'protection' brand, it is obvious.

> I don't mind that kind of combination but it would be less
> confusing if the AC effects were combined into one statement in
> the description (+8 to AC).

Don't know, but I've just found something a little more confusing
(you must be prescient to post that at this time):

e - the ring "Rimynoxkyjax"
This blessed ring protects the life-force of its wearer from
negative energy, making them partially immune to the draining
effects of undead and necromantic magic.
It partially protects you from negative energy.

That does mean it does that for two levels of life protection,
right?

Btw, are the books in the Tomb always so fitting? It has:

a Necronomicon
a book of Death
a book of Necromancy
a book of Annihilations

> Would it be worth the effort coding-wise, I don't know...

Unifying the descriptions/names would help, I think. Particularly
the other one for 'see invisible' is not particularly obvious.

--
Tina the Engineer - a Believer of the Rightly Nervous Gingerbread

"Jukka Kuusisto" <jkuusist@cc.hut.fi> wrote in message
> My ogre mage transmuter just found this:
>
> Q - the uncursed sling "Huk Qic Kejeku"
> It protects the one who wields it against injury (+5 to AC).
> It affects your AC (+3).
> It affects your dexterity (+2).
> It speeds your metabolism.
>
> This is obviously a sling of protection with an extra
> AC bonus. I don't mind that kind of combination but it
> would be less confusing if the AC effects were combined
> into one statement in the description (+8 to AC).
>
> Would it be worth the effort coding-wise, I don't know...

I'd say no. There are better things to do with a Crawl coder's time, I
think.
This is still unambiguous, and it makes sense to have the two seperate. A
real superficial issue, I think.

--
Glen
L:pyt E+++ T-- R+ P+++ D+ G+ F:*band !RL RLA-

Tina_Hall@kruemel.org (Tina Hall) writes:

>Nice one, apart from the hunger. (That speedy metabolism is the same
>as hunger, right?)

Right.

> e - the ring "Rimynoxkyjax"
> This blessed ring protects the life-force of its wearer from
> negative energy, making them partially immune to the draining
> effects of undead and necromantic magic.
> It partially protects you from negative energy.

>That does mean it does that for two levels of life protection,
>right?

I would like to know that too.

-Jukka
--
Jukka Kuusisto

Loonie

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2001

Jukka Kuusisto .-- .-. --- - . ---...

>> e - the ring "Rimynoxkyjax"
>> This blessed ring protects the life-force of its wearer from
>> negative energy, making them partially immune to the draining
>> effects of undead and necromantic magic.
>> It partially protects you from negative energy.
>
>>That does mean it does that for two levels of life protection,
>>right?
>
> I would like to know that too.

Yes. 2 levels of 3 possible.

--