any Dell techs out there

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
August 13, 2004 5:43:38 AM

I have an old Dell Latitude LM P-100SD Laptop. When I turn it on the screen
reads
"Partition table corrupted or doesn't exist - save to disk feature is
disabled" and it doesn't try to boot from the floppy either. And when I try
to go into the bios it asks for a password which I don't have. (yard sale
computer) Any ideas ???? Thanks

More about : dell techs

August 13, 2004 7:34:03 PM

You could try flashing the BIOS if the password protection is only on the
BIOS setup, depending on which model the bios flash will remove non critical
passwords but will NOT remove the Boot Up Password, failing that you could
try a known good HDD in the machine