Sign in with
Your question

Dell xps screen problem after backlight replacement

Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
December 31, 2010 4:18:45 AM

So I have a dell XPS m140 whose LCD screen went out a while back, and this is what I did:

-Replaced the inverter, it worked for a few minutes. Then, lower corners of screen got hot, started going black, screen died again.

-Next, ordered and replaced the backlight, using the replaced inverter above. Worked for a few minutes, then same thing started happening.

Anybody else have that kind of problem before? I feel like it's a problem of a faulty inverter somehow shorting my backlights, but I wanted to check around before I order yet another inverter.

Thanks!

-C
December 31, 2010 4:57:43 AM

Make sure you're using a properly matched backlight and inverter. Using the wrong bulb or wrong inverter will cause premature backlight failure. If you replaced the original inverter with a new, incorrect one, then your problem went from a "bad inverter" to a "wrong inverter".
m
l
January 2, 2011 9:50:41 PM

K that's what I thought. Will try another inverter and see if that works. Thanks!
m
l
Related resources
January 3, 2011 1:30:14 AM

Hmm...seems I've lost the original part. Any idea how I'd go about finding the inverter part number without the original piece?
m
l
January 25, 2011 1:02:57 PM

K08I024.01
m
l
!