New Chip designs from Intel

G

Oke, i read the article on Intels Roadmap into the Future. The Article was well written and, it is that article alone what have stoped me upgradeing my system.

I would like to get some idea wbout the reality and the possablities aswell as performance of these new CPU's

"The next-generation Pentium III goes by two different code names. The real new version of Pentium III is called 'Tualatin'. It will be produced in 0.13 micron process and reach clock speeds of 1.26 GHz and possibly beyond. 'Tualatin' will utilize lower voltages and be incompatible with current Pentium III platforms" suposedly out Q3 this year

I was planning to upgrade my system to a Duel 933 Intel PC but if all the sockets are changeing to the 478 pins then why bother upgradeing now when the whole indestry is movieng elsewhere?

I would like to hear maybe anouther review on these new CPU. Dose anyone have any more info?

"This message has been printed on 100% recycled Pixels, Keep your system beutifull, Recycle"

dhlucke

Polypheme
Beautiful

This has been a topic for the last couple of days. From what everyone gathers, no matter what you buy today, amd or intel, you will need a new motherboard if you choose to upgrade later since they are changing the sockets.

"I think I brained my damage"

G

I read in a artical that AMD said that there socket has a few years left (24 + months) and thay have no intention to change it.

G

I know, I will have to upgrade the mobo to change, in the current market you either go AMD for a 1.2, 1.3 Ghz. Or P4, which is ridiculously expensive (not saying it has a bad performance).

With these new Intel chip, it should be quite allot cheaper to make them on a 0.13 micron process as well as their default speed being 1.2Ghz has some promise. Possibly holding off for a month or 2 to get a new chipset motherboard then seeing where the new CPU takes you, would be the way to go.

I'm giving Intel one last chance to come up with something good for a decent price, or I switch to AMD.

Currently Running a ASUS CUV4x with a p3 700@933, and enjoying every minute of it. No heat problems very stable. Intel makes good chips. It is they who were leading the market for a very long time in chip design. Well that design has finally reached its limit, and I hope they make a good comeback. I don’t think P4 was ever going to be the next generation chip rather then an experimental chip to throw out onto the market. It has Huge potential, but they have to wind it up into high Ghz before it will be worth it’s value

Thanks guys for replying, I was hoping for some interesting feedback about the upcoming chips. BTW anyone know why the 1.5Ghz AMD chip got pulled back?

"This message has been printed on 100% recycled Pixels, Keep your system beutifull, Recycle"