Which PIII 800,850,866, or 933??

G

Which Chip would be better? End performance main factor; not cost.?

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well, of those chips the best performer would have to be the 933. Though why you didn't include the 1GHz in the list is odd, because that'd be even better. (At least if it was a 133MHz FSB version.)

- Sanity is purely based on point-of-view.

necroscope

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
this question seems to be too easy ;) without cost the highest performer is the one with the higher clock speed. do you mean for overclocking?

Companies that = cancer
ati creative lexmark micro$oft mitsumi rambu$ via

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The faster the better, of coarse. For normal clock, that would be the 933. For overclocking, it would be "none of the above". The 700 will go to 933 for an $hundred or so less than the original 933, perform the same at that speed, and both will do 980 at 140FSB. They both have a 7x multiplier. While the 700 is at 100FSB and can be clocked to 133 and higher, the 933 begins life at 133.

Suicide is painless...........

G

Thanks! You obviously understood my question. I most likely will be running this temporarily with a Abit SlotKet in my Tyan Tsunami 440BX BAT until I can afford time to get a new case/form factor/mobo instead of the monster AT Full Tower I have now. Is FC PGA the better way to go for cooling and downsizing?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The best boards right now are FC-PGA. If your motherboard is compatable with Slot 1 Coppermine processors, you'll be OK with an FC-PGA and an ordinary coppermine-compatable Slotket. Otherwise you may need one with a voltage regulator on it.

Suicide is painless...........