Did the Instruments of the Bards appear in any modules?

Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd,rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

or were they always randomly encountered via the magic item tables?

Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd,rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

thufur <rearadmir0l@yahoo.com> writes

Did the Instruments of the Bards appear in any modules?
>or were they always randomly encountered via the magic item tables?

If you consider how rare bards (as a class) were in 1st Ed., it wouldn't
surprise me if they didn't appear as loot in any published modules. The
only one in a module I can recall off the top of my head is the pregen
bard PC from the H-series, who had an Anstruth harp (obviously not as
loot).

--
Ian R Malcomson
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box"

Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd,rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

In article <1105724990.756686.296860@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
rearadmir0l@yahoo.com wrote:

>or were they always randomly encountered via the magic item tables?

I don't recall ever seeing the original ones, but they were included
in the DMG tables.

ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.