[Crawl] What are those pseudo-(weapon)enchantments?

Last response: in Video Games
October 29, 2004 6:43:10 PM

Every once in while, when I read an unID'd scroll, I get a message like
this (example): "Your +0 hand axe glows mottled mauve for a moment".
Messages like this are relatively common, but I never found what they
mean. Sounds like an enchantment somehow, but there isn't (not visible
at least). What happens here?

tia
Rubinstein

P.S.: Sorry for not testing this newsreader before posting, just too
lazy. Hope, the MID is correct and it's not posted in html...
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 6:43:11 PM

Rubinstein wrote:

> Every once in while, when I read an unID'd scroll, I get a message like
> this (example): "Your +0 hand axe glows mottled mauve for a moment".
> Messages like this are relatively common, but I never found what they
> mean. Sounds like an enchantment somehow, but there isn't (not visible
> at least). What happens here?

That particular one is a scroll of random uselessness I beliece.

--
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
-- Aldous Huxley (1894-1963).

Graeme Dice <grdice@sasktel.net.NOSPAM> wrote in message news:<W6rgd.52006$%k.50748@pd7tw2no>...
> That particular one is a scroll of random uselessness I believe.

Exactly. Any time a scroll causes your weapon to glow anything other
than either green (To-Hit) or red (Damage) is a scroll of random
uselessness.
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 8:14:57 AM

Z80 wrote:
> Graeme Dice <grdice@sasktel.net.NOSPAM> wrote in message news:<W6rgd.52006$%k.50748@pd7tw2no>...
>
>>That particular one is a scroll of random uselessness I believe.
>

> Exactly. Any time a scroll causes your weapon to glow anything other
> than either green (To-Hit) or red (Damage) is a scroll of random
> uselessness.

Not exactly. Bright yellow is enchant weapon III, and there's another
coloud for vorpalization.

--
Moses led the Hebrew slaves to the Red Sea, where they made unleavened
bread which is bread made without any ingredients. Moses went up on