[Announce] Dweller 0.6.5

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.announce,rec.games.roguelike.development,rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

I released a new version of Dweller today. The new version includes new
and faster display routines, support for Nokia fullscreen mode, support
for Nokia N-Gage and some other Series 60 phones that hasn't worked
previously (reports from users of N-Gage and Nokia 3650 handsets are
greatly appreciated). Unfortunately the game has gotten about 5kb larger
and is now up to 50kb. On the bright side the game shold now use even
less heap memory than before.

DOWNLOAD
http://www.roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller/Dweller.jar
http://www.roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller/Dweller.jad

Nokia fullscreen version
http://www.roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller/DwellerN.jar
http://www.roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller/DwellerN.jad

http://www.roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller/Dweller.txt
http://www.roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller/index.wml

CHANGES
2004-11-01 v.0.6.5
FIX Recovery of MP was accidentally removed when removing automatic HP
recovery
NEW Current experience shown in Character screen
NEW Nokia version with full canvas

2004-10-24 v.0.6.4
NEW Added Goblin archers
BUG Removed increase in HP when wielding many items

2004-10-18 v.0.6.3
NEW Monsters will sometimes move around blocking obstacles to reach the
player
NEW Added a message when drinking a potion
BUG Monsters are no longer generated in walls on first level
FIX Player can no longer fire arrows on himself

2004-10-17 v.0.6.2
FIX Increased agressivity of monsters
FIX Reduced heap memory footprint
NEW Damage dealt to monster shown
NEW Experience gained by killing monster shown
NEW Failed use of wands now told to the player
NEW Added messages when a target resist an effect

2004-09-26 v.0.6.1
BUG Quest message wasn't shown when starting a new game

--
Björn Bergström
roguelike development [http://roguelikedevelopment.org]

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development,rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

The last version included a serious error that caused crashes. This has
been fixed and a new version 0.6.6 has been uploaded.

--

Björn Bergström wrote:

> The last version included a serious error that caused crashes. This has
> been fixed and a new version 0.6.6 has been uploaded.

Will try immediately. Thanks!

--
ABCGi - abcgi@yahoo.com

Currently Playing: H-World = http://h-world.simugraph.com

ABCGi wrote:

> Björn Bergström wrote:
>
>> The last version included a serious error that caused crashes. This
>> has been fixed and a new version 0.6.6 has been uploaded.
>
> Will try immediately. Thanks!

Terrific, both versions work on my Nokia 6610. The full screen version
is great, and is much more space to play - and the menus have copious room!

<Nokia 6610 - ver 0.6.6 - Dweller Nokia FullScreen>

to work fine.

* Exiting from the menu (after having saved) causes application error
message (no big deal).

The (10xp) and hit point messages are great.

The response time is much improved, and seems to be ok after selecting a
new character and saving. It does seem slightly slower after these
actions though.

Will let you know of any problems getting to depth 7 but currently going
down stairs etc are fine.

The monsters now chase my PC. :)

--

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:07:34 +1000, ABCGi wrote:

> ABCGi wrote:
>
>> Björn Bergström wrote:
>>
>>> The last version included a serious error that caused crashes. This
>>> has been fixed and a new version 0.6.6 has been uploaded.
>>
>> Will try immediately. Thanks!
>
> Terrific, both versions work on my Nokia 6610. The full screen version
> is great, and is much more space to play - and the menus have copious room!
>
> <Nokia 6610 - ver 0.6.6 - Dweller Nokia FullScreen>

> to work fine.
NullPointerException to be precise, on a N-Gage

> * Exiting from the menu (after having saved) causes application error
> message (no big deal).
Same

Is there a way to cancel the inventory screen ?
That is a key to not have to select an item and then to do something with
it ?

DarkGod wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:07:34 +1000, ABCGi wrote:
>

>>ABCGi wrote:

>>>Will try immediately. Thanks!
>>
>>Terrific, both versions work on my Nokia 6610. The full screen version
>>is great, and is much more space to play - and the menus have copious room!
>>
>><Nokia 6610 - ver 0.6.6 - Dweller Nokia FullScreen>

>>to work fine.
>
> NullPointerException to be precise, on a N-Gage
>

>>* Exiting from the menu (after having saved) causes application error
>>message (no big deal).
>
> Same
>
> Is there a way to cancel the inventory screen ?
> That is a key to not have to select an item and then to do something with
> it ?

Sure there is. Press the * key again or tap left/4. The same goes for
all menues (left/negative/cancel, right/positive/confirm).

--
Björn Bergström
roguelike development [http://roguelikedevelopment.org]
dweller - cellphone roguelike [http://roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller]

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development,rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

The Tue, 02 Nov 2004 15:21:40 +0100, after eating far too many mushrooms
of confusion Björn Bergström wrote:

>> Is there a way to cancel the inventory screen ? That is a key to not
>> have to select an item and then to do something with it ?
>
> Sure there is. Press the * key again or tap left/4. The same goes for all
> menues (left/negative/cancel, right/positive/confirm).

Ah right sorry :)

Works on my 7610 too.

If you need tests on a specific brand/handset ask me, I'm now project
manager of a MIDP suite of products so I can test on some handsets for
you :)

--
DarkGod comes from | Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards
the hells for YOU ! :) | because they are subtle and quick to anger.

DarkGod wrote:

> The Tue, 02 Nov 2004 15:21:40 +0100, after eating far too many mushrooms
> of confusion Björn Bergström wrote:
>

>>>Is there a way to cancel the inventory screen ? That is a key to not
>>>have to select an item and then to do something with it ?
>>
>>Sure there is. Press the * key again or tap left/4. The same goes for all
>>menues (left/negative/cancel, right/positive/confirm).
>

> Ah right sorry :)
>
> Works on my 7610 too.
>
> If you need tests on a specific brand/handset ask me, I'm now project
> manager of a MIDP suite of products so I can test on some handsets for
> you :)

Nice! May I ask where you work? I work with mobile application
development myself, but the projects I'm working on are mainly focused
towards Nokia and Sony Ericsson phones. Tests on other brands are
greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Björn Bergström wrote:
> I released a new version of Dweller today. The new version includes new
> and faster display routines, support for Nokia fullscreen mode, support
> for Nokia N-Gage and some other Series 60 phones that hasn't worked
> previously (reports from users of N-Gage and Nokia 3650 handsets are
> greatly appreciated).

I just verified that the game indeed runs on an N-Gage. Nice to finally
get that bug out of the way.

--

Björn Bergström wrote:
> I released a new version of Dweller today.

And I released yet another version (0.6.8) today.

[snip]

> DOWNLOAD
> http://www.roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller/Dweller.jar
> http://www.roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller/Dweller.jad
>
> Nokia fullscreen version
> http://www.roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller/DwellerN.jar
> http://www.roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller/DwellerN.jad
>
> http://www.roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller/Dweller.txt
> http://www.roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller/index.wml
>

> CHANGES

The new version shows the amount of xp required for the next level on
the Character screen and the Wizard has been given a Book of Fire to
improve his chances. Problems when trying to load a non existent save
game has also been fixed.

Björn Bergström wrote:
> Björn Bergström wrote:
>
>> I released a new version of Dweller today.
>

> And I released yet another version (0.6.8) today.
>
> [snip]
>
>> DOWNLOAD
>> http://www.roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller/Dweller.jar
>> http://www.roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller/Dweller.jad
>>
>> Nokia fullscreen version
>> http://www.roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller/DwellerN.jar
>> http://www.roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller/DwellerN.jad
>>
>> http://www.roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller/Dweller.txt
>> http://www.roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller/index.wml
>>

>> CHANGES
>

> The new version shows the amount of xp required for the next level on
> the Character screen and the Wizard has been given a Book of Fire to
> improve his chances. Problems when trying to load a non existent save
> game has also been fixed.
>
>> 2004-11-01 v.0.6.5
>> FIX Recovery of MP was accidentally removed when removing automatic HP
>> recovery
>> NEW Current experience shown in Character screen
>> NEW Nokia version with full canvas
>>
>> 2004-10-24 v.0.6.4
>> NEW Added Goblin archers
>> BUG Removed increase in HP when wielding many items
>>
>> 2004-10-18 v.0.6.3
>> NEW Monsters will sometimes move around blocking obstacles to reach the
>> player
>> NEW Added a message when drinking a potion
>> BUG Monsters are no longer generated in walls on first level
>> FIX Player can no longer fire arrows on himself
>>
>> 2004-10-17 v.0.6.2
>> FIX Increased agressivity of monsters
>> FIX Reduced heap memory footprint
>> NEW Damage dealt to monster shown
>> NEW Experience gained by killing monster shown
>> NEW Failed use of wands now told to the player
>> NEW Added messages when a target resist an effect
>>
>> 2004-09-26 v.0.6.1
>> BUG Quest message wasn't shown when starting a new game

Excellent, I should of mentioned that an archer that is off screen that
fires at you (which is excellent btw!) brings up an inaccurate message
something like "the player the ranger"... that is in the previous
version though.

--

ABCGi wrote:
> Björn Bergström wrote:
>
>> Björn Bergström wrote:
>>
>>> I released a new version of Dweller today.
>>

>> And I released yet another version (0.6.8) today.
>>
>> [snip]

[snip]

> Excellent, I should of mentioned that an archer that is off screen that
> fires at you (which is excellent btw!) brings up an inaccurate message
> something like "the player the ranger"... that is in the previous
> version though.

Yeah, this is solved as well. Goblin Archers are a bit dangerous though.
I should probably move them a few levels deeper into the dungeon.

Björn Bergström wrote:
> ABCGi wrote:
>
>> Björn Bergström wrote:

>>> And I released yet another version (0.6.8) today.
>>>
>>> [snip]
>>>
> [snip]
>
>> Excellent, I should of mentioned that an archer that is off screen
>> that fires at you (which is excellent btw!) brings up an inaccurate
>> message something like "the player the ranger"... that is in the
>> previous version though.
>
> Yeah, this is solved as well. Goblin Archers are a bit dangerous though.
> I should probably move them a few levels deeper into the dungeon.

NOKIA 6610 FULL SCREEN v0.3.8

Most of my deaths have come from goblin archers, however, I think you
could just make them really weak on hit points, and then put a stronger
archer lower down... as it really is interesting to have the missile
fire mixed in and it adds to tension.

Confirmed the bug above is gone in 0.6.8 and I like the new XP display.
After saving (reloading works fine btw) on depth 4 the response time
slowed down significantly so I would be concerned about heap problems
lower down. Most likely I will avoid saving as it is too slow.

Of course the game is harder with the monsters behaving properly, so I
have not tested below depth 4 yet. Thank goodness monsters sometimes
fail morale checks and run away.

Love the new Book of Fire. My warrior shot two arrows in one round once,
is this correct when he has a speed/level advantage?

CLASS IDEAS
Some ideas to make the classes more unique;
* melee training - either a counter for every melee attack or just
bonuses on level up for melee. Only available for warrior.
* warrior - cannot use books at all, must use wands instead.
* 2 handed weapons - only warrior may get ability to use 2-weapons at
once at certain level.
* warrior/ranger - at certain levels can gain 2 melee attacks per round
when speed advantage and weapon speed are superior to opponent. Classes
may have to choose between certain level-up gifts at say 3,6,9,12.
* warrior - level up gift of auto parry chance. An automatic reply
attack against an attack from opponent with current melee weapon.
* ranger - only ranger may fire more than one arrow per round due to
speed bonuses etc.
* ranger - auto chance of detect traps at certain level, increased
chance at later level.
* ranger - only ranger gets natural bonus to archery, if this is not
already the case.
* wizard - may not use 2 handed weapons. I would not restrict armour
usage though.
* wizard - gains natural ability to teleport-self at certain level,
usable again after 50 turns.
* weapon speed - weapons have another stat that makes choice between say
broad axe and broad sword more interesting (currently will always choose
broad axe as not concerned about magic).
* potion of quarter/half/full healing - this favours the HP heavy class
of warrior, and makes choosing HP on level up more attractive.

OTHER
* new stat on character screen - time played, and number of moves
* high score list based on 100 * [(gold collected*10 + XP)/(time in
minutes + number of moves)] or some such.

Death messages are still coming before the pain messages on monsters but
this is no biggie, and upon leaving the dying screen my Nokia has an
application error which again is no biggie.

It's a great game now and is reminiscent of the early days of RogueLikes
where I was playing at uni and the machine was pushed to its limits to
run the game! Very exciting, thanks.

--

ABCGi wrote:
> Björn Bergström wrote:
>
>> ABCGi wrote:
>>
>>> Björn Bergström wrote:
[snip]

> NOKIA 6610 FULL SCREEN v0.3.8
>
> Most of my deaths have come from goblin archers, however, I think you
> could just make them really weak on hit points, and then put a stronger
> archer lower down... as it really is interesting to have the missile
> fire mixed in and it adds to tension.

Yes, this is probably a good idea. I'll add this.

> Confirmed the bug above is gone in 0.6.8 and I like the new XP display.
> After saving (reloading works fine btw) on depth 4 the response time
> slowed down significantly so I would be concerned about heap problems
> lower down. Most likely I will avoid saving as it is too slow.

I will probably have to reuse even more objects instead of creating new
ones. The views should probably also be created only once.

> Of course the game is harder with the monsters behaving properly, so I
> have not tested below depth 4 yet. Thank goodness monsters sometimes
> fail morale checks and run away.

Yes, the game is a lot harder now. I must start adding better equipment
for the player on the lower levels. Magic weapons and armour will
hopefully be readded in the next release.

> Love the new Book of Fire.

I will add more books and other magic stuff for the wizard to use. I
will probably have to make magic more difficult and dangerous for the
warrior/ranger as well.

My warrior shot two arrows in one round once,
> is this correct when he has a speed/level advantage?

The game uses a variable speed system based on a priority queue. A fast
player will probably get several attacks against a slow monster (jelly,
undead). Two or perhaps even three arrows per round are possible.

> CLASS IDEAS
> Some ideas to make the classes more unique;
[good list of class ideas]

I'd like to come up with a class bonus system that isn't hardcoded into
lots of places in the code. I will have to think about how to best solve
this problem. Thanks for the ideas though!

> * potion of quarter/half/full healing - this favours the HP heavy class
> of warrior, and makes choosing HP on level up more attractive.

Good idea. Added in the next version. There will also be some healing
mushrooms in the forest.

> OTHER
> * new stat on character screen - time played, and number of moves
> * high score list based on 100 * [(gold collected*10 + XP)/(time in
> minutes + number of moves)] or some such.
>
> Death messages are still coming before the pain messages on monsters but
> this is no biggie

This is a low priority bug, but it will be fixed eventually. It's on my
looong todo list :)

> and upon leaving the dying screen my Nokia has an
> application error which again is no biggie.

Whoops! This definately has higher priority. I'll try to reproduce it on
one of my phones.

> It's a great game now and is reminiscent of the early days of RogueLikes
> where I was playing at uni and the machine was pushed to its limits to
> run the game! Very exciting, thanks.

Thanks for all the appreciation, support and ideas!

Björn Bergström wrote:

> ABCGi wrote:
>
>> Björn Bergström wrote:

> [snip]
>
>> NOKIA 6610 FULL SCREEN v0.3.8
>>
>> Most of my deaths have come from goblin archers, however, I think you
>> could just make them really weak on hit points, and then put a
>> stronger archer lower down... as it really is interesting to have the
>> missile fire mixed in and it adds to tension.
>
> Yes, this is probably a good idea. I'll add this.

*great*

>> Confirmed the bug above is gone in 0.6.8 and I like the new XP
>> display. After saving (reloading works fine btw) on depth 4 the
>> response time slowed down significantly so I would be concerned about
>> heap problems lower down. Most likely I will avoid saving as it is too
>> slow.
>
> I will probably have to reuse even more objects instead of creating new
> ones. The views should probably also be created only once.

wow - so cool in a way to have to be so resource precious. Cool, in a
annoying way I'm sure :)

>> Of course the game is harder with the monsters behaving properly, so I
>> have not tested below depth 4 yet. Thank goodness monsters sometimes
>> fail morale checks and run away.
>
> Yes, the game is a lot harder now. I must start adding better equipment
> for the player on the lower levels. Magic weapons and armour will
> hopefully be readded in the next release.

*wets pants*

>> Love the new Book of Fire.
>
> I will add more books and other magic stuff for the wizard to use. I
> will probably have to make magic more difficult and dangerous for the
> warrior/ranger as well.

Curious as to the rule with books. I would of thought for a wizard books
should use magic points and scrolls/wands shouldn't. For other classes
of course the scrolls and wands should use MP. Also does the book run
out - or am I meant to discover that in typical RL style?

>> My warrior shot two arrows in one round once,
>> is this correct when he has a speed/level advantage?
>
> The game uses a variable speed system based on a priority queue. A fast
> player will probably get several attacks against a slow monster (jelly,
> undead). Two or perhaps even three arrows per round are possible.

IC. I will check that the bug where only one arrow is deducted from your
quiver is no longer in effect then.

>> CLASS IDEAS
>> Some ideas to make the classes more unique;
>
> [good list of class ideas]
>
> I'd like to come up with a class bonus system that isn't hardcoded into
> lots of places in the code. I will have to think about how to best solve
> this problem. Thanks for the ideas though!

As I've said b4 I like what you come up with, so please take the list as
a "that kind of thing" suggestion :)

>> * potion of quarter/half/full healing - this favours the HP heavy
>> class of warrior, and makes choosing HP on level up more attractive.
>
> Good idea. Added in the next version. There will also be some healing
> mushrooms in the forest.

Ah nice 1... the forest was looking a bit bare. This will tempt the hurt
player to return to the surface to heal up.

>> OTHER
>> * new stat on character screen - time played, and number of moves
>> * high score list based on 100 * [(gold collected*10 + XP)/(time in
>> minutes + number of moves)] or some such.
>>
>> Death messages are still coming before the pain messages on monsters
>> but this is no biggie
>
> This is a low priority bug, but it will be fixed eventually. It's on my
> looong todo list :)

hehe - I'll stop bringing it up ;)

>> and upon leaving the dying screen my Nokia has an application error
>> which again is no biggie.
>
> Whoops! This definately has higher priority. I'll try to reproduce it on
> one of my phones.

Yeah but at least it's only an unclean exit from the game, it does not
effect gameplay etc.

>> It's a great game now and is reminiscent of the early days of
>> RogueLikes where I was playing at uni and the machine was pushed to
>> its limits to run the game! Very exciting, thanks.
>
> Thanks for all the appreciation, support and ideas!
>
> Best regards,
> Björn Bergström
> roguelike development [http://roguelikedevelopment.org]
> dweller - cellphone roguelike [http://roguelikedevelopment.org/dweller]

No thankyou! Really...

FINAL IDEA
* Monster 1: immune to missile fire (ghost?)
* Monster 2: immune to magic (dwarf?)
* Monster 3: immune to melee, or metal melee weapons (rock monster?)
These will occassionally bring each class out of its comfort zone.

--

ABCGi wrote:
> Björn Bergström wrote:
>
>> ABCGi wrote:

[snip]>
>>> Love the new Book of Fire.
>>

>> I will add more books and other magic stuff for the wizard to use. I
>> will probably have to make magic more difficult and dangerous for the
>> warrior/ranger as well.
>
> Curious as to the rule with books. I would of thought for a wizard books
> should use magic points and scrolls/wands shouldn't. For other classes
> of course the scrolls and wands should use MP. Also does the book run
> out - or am I meant to discover that in typical RL style?

I'm dividing magic items into these categories;

- One time items, uses MP (scrolls)
- One time items, doesn't use MP (potions)
- Charged items, doesn't use MP (wands)
- Permament items, uses MP (books)

>>> My warrior shot two arrows in one round once,
>>> is this correct when he has a speed/level advantage?
>>
>> The game uses a variable speed system based on a priority queue. A
>> fast player will probably get several attacks against a slow monster
>> (jelly, undead). Two or perhaps even three arrows per round are possible.
>
> IC. I will check that the bug where only one arrow is deducted from your
> quiver is no longer in effect then.

Yes, please check if the bug still exists.

[snip ideas]

> FINAL IDEA
> * Monster 1: immune to missile fire (ghost?)
> * Monster 2: immune to magic (dwarf?)
> * Monster 3: immune to melee, or metal melee weapons (rock monster?)
> These will occassionally bring each class out of its comfort zone.

Good ideas! Added to my list!

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:24:39 +1100, ABCGi <abcgi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>*wets pants*

"The hell beast of destruction roars! -more-"
"You wet your pants! -more-"
"You feel less charismatic! -more-"
"You feel vulnerable to electricity!"

R. Dan Henry
danhenry@inreach.com

Björn Bergström wrote:
> ABCGi wrote:
>
>> FINAL IDEA
>> * Monster 1: immune to missile fire (ghost?)
>> * Monster 2: immune to magic (dwarf?)
>> * Monster 3: immune to melee, or metal melee weapons (rock monster?)
>> These will occassionally bring each class out of its comfort zone.
>

> Good ideas! Added to my list!

Actually, I think these are only good ideas if there is
some chance or strategy to attempt to avoid them.

Hmmm. Probably just a different gaming philosophy. I
am trying to make a game where a character doesn't have
to have every power; he has to know which ones he's
specialized in and make choices that play the dungeon
to his strengths.

So I put unusual monsters in lairs or nests, rather than
just having them "randomly encountered" in a way that's
the same probability across each level. If you
can fight them, cool, you can shortcut through their
territory. If you can't, you should have to retreat
and look for another path down. And odds are, if they're
that unusual, you'll not have more than a few nests of
them in the whole game.

To me this adds a strategy element not present in most
roguelikes; It's easy to write a guide for a game where
you can encounter, for example, dragons with lethal poison
breath literally *anywhere* below level 30. You just say
"don't under any circumstances go below level 30 without
poison resistance. If you do, you will die." The
dutiful player proceeds to do level 29 thirty-seven
times looking for poison resistance. Boring.

On the contrary, if they come in groups in themed portions
of a dungeon map, then the guidebook is more interesting;
it will tell you how to recognize dragon nests and tell
you to get the hell out of them if you're not ready to
fight that kind of dragon, but it won't stymie your
progress in the game.

Bear

Ray Dillinger wrote:
> Björn Bergström wrote:
>
>> ABCGi wrote:
>>
>>> FINAL IDEA
>>> * Monster 1: immune to missile fire (ghost?)
>>> * Monster 2: immune to magic (dwarf?)
>>> * Monster 3: immune to melee, or metal melee weapons (rock monster?)
>>> These will occassionally bring each class out of its comfort zone.
>>

>> Good ideas! Added to my list!
>

> Actually, I think these are only good ideas if there is
> some chance or strategy to attempt to avoid them.

Agreed.

> Hmmm. Probably just a different gaming philosophy. I
> am trying to make a game where a character doesn't have
> to have every power; he has to know which ones he's
> specialized in and make choices that play the dungeon
> to his strengths.
>
> So I put unusual monsters in lairs or nests, rather than
> just having them "randomly encountered" in a way that's
> the same probability across each level. If you
> can fight them, cool, you can shortcut through their
> territory. If you can't, you should have to retreat
> and look for another path down. And odds are, if they're
> that unusual, you'll not have more than a few nests of
> them in the whole game.
>
> To me this adds a strategy element not present in most
> roguelikes; It's easy to write a guide for a game where
> you can encounter, for example, dragons with lethal poison
> breath literally *anywhere* below level 30. You just say
> "don't under any circumstances go below level 30 without
> poison resistance. If you do, you will die." The
> dutiful player proceeds to do level 29 thirty-seven
> times looking for poison resistance. Boring.
>
> On the contrary, if they come in groups in themed portions
> of a dungeon map, then the guidebook is more interesting;
> it will tell you how to recognize dragon nests and tell
> you to get the hell out of them if you're not ready to
> fight that kind of dragon, but it won't stymie your
> progress in the game.

My current design doesn't give me the chance to have several themes on
each level (ie, nests/lairs). I do however have the possibility to, say
add a necropolis level filled with ghouls and ghosts. A player that
reaches this level can just hurry to the stairs down to get past that
level and the nasties that live there or stay and fight them if he/she
is properly equipped/skilled. This would add a level of strategy for the
player. I think I'll look into this a bit more.

--

R. Dan Henry wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:24:39 +1100, ABCGi <abcgi@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>*wets pants*
>
> "The hell beast of destruction roars! -more-"
> "You wet your pants! -more-"
> "You feel less charismatic! -more-"
> "You feel vulnerable to electricity!"

LOL! really...

--

Björn Bergström wrote:

> Björn Bergström wrote:
>> I released a new version of Dweller today.
>
> And I released yet another version (0.6.8) today.

Hey,

Just tested Dweller on my new phone (Nokia 2650, new model I think), and
dweller seems to run fine :) Haven't had a chance to actually play yet, but
it loaded, ran and saved fine, so you can add it to your list of supported
models. Give it a proper try on the bus trip home :)

Daniel

Hi!

> Just tested Dweller on my new phone (Nokia 2650, new model I think), and
> dweller seems to run fine :) Haven't had a chance to actually play yet, but
> it loaded, ran and saved fine, so you can add it to your list of supported
> models. Give it a proper try on the bus trip home :)

I, too, wanted to say, that except that annoying exit-game bug (application
error blah blah) everything works zupa-fine on my n6610.

And two more words about the game: IT ROXX!!!

Greetz!
mastaG