Sign in with
Your question

Command prompt window appears and disappears even when i am doing other stuff

Last response: in Windows 7
January 9, 2013 2:58:01 PM

Hello,
Command prompt window appears and disappears , I mean it runs itself,it opens up and closes as quickly as it popped up,it happens while I surf the internet or leave the computer idle for sometime. Is this a sign of some kind of malware?? I scan my computer regularly with microsoft essentials and later I switched to kaspersky, I never found any virus. I use windows 7 OS.
January 9, 2013 2:59:50 PM

This thing has been bugging me for a while now,any advice will be appreciated.Thanks in advance.:) 
m
l
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
January 9, 2013 3:04:14 PM

some schedule job running?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 9, 2013 3:06:23 PM

I've seen it while my computer install updates. My bet is that you have your computer set to automatically install updates, which is why you'll be seeing it at odd times.
m
l
January 9, 2013 3:07:20 PM

rgd1101 said:
some schedule job running?

No jobs were running, it happens even when the computer is idle.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 9, 2013 3:08:47 PM

if you do "shady" things on the internet, then you could of course be infected. keep Task Manager open to the Processes tab and monitor it to see what's popping in or out when the CP appears. If you can't figure it out, a fresh install of windows after deleting the partition it's on is the only way to be 100% clean.
m
l
January 9, 2013 3:13:13 PM

also malwarebytes would pick up just about anything
m
l
January 9, 2013 3:16:49 PM

Thank you guys for your suggestions, did not expect this quick response :) . I will try to install a fresh copy.
m
l
January 9, 2013 3:31:14 PM

Hi,I have one more question ,
if some malware is behind this,why my anti virus programs did not work??
Is there any way of knowing that it is the work of malware, I mean I can re-install my OS but I just want to know if there is any other option?

Thanks.
m
l
January 9, 2013 3:45:14 PM

Which anti-virus are you using? Update it and run a full scan. Then download malwarebytes and update it and run a full scan. Do this before you re-install windows to find out what is going on with your system. You might not even have to do a full install...
m
l
January 10, 2013 12:50:38 AM

thanks for your time guys,:) 
m
l
!