[Crawl] Statues

What's the deal with statues? By which I mean, what are the various
types, what can they do, and what are the options for dealing with
them?

R. Dan Henry
danhenry@inreach.com

R. Dan Henry wrote:
> What's the deal with statues? By which I mean, what are the various
> types, what can they do, and what are the options for dealing with
> them?

Just found some minor spoilers about statues here (bottom of the page):
http://koti.mbnet.fi/lava/crawl/tips_a.html
Not much, but better than nothing...

Rubinstein

Peter Borgmann <picommander@t-online.de> writes:

>R. Dan Henry wrote:
>> What's the deal with statues? By which I mean, what are the various
>> types, what can they do, and what are the options for dealing with
>> them?

>Just found some minor spoilers about statues here (bottom of the page):
>http://koti.mbnet.fi/lava/crawl/tips_a.html
>Not much, but better than nothing...

And the only option for dealing with them that I know is to zap them
with a wand of disintegration. I don't know if some spells could work,
like Tomb of Dorolokhe or some of the wall-destroying earth spells.

-Jukka
--
Jukka Kuusisto

Ru

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2004

In article <0k7jp0dhjq9k6dvd5m5egndob6stnjtoev@4ax.com>, R Dan Henry wrote:
> What's the deal with statues? By which I mean, what are the various
> types, what can they do, and what are the options for dealing with
> them?

according to the source, you get granite (does nothing), silver (summons
demons) and orange (eats your brains).

AFAIK wands of disintegration are the only sure method; Lee's rapid
deconstruction and shatter both have a small chance of destroying them.

--
ru

in my experience Lee's rapid deconstruction always works on granite
statues, useful to do some minor damage on nearby creatures, can't say
i've ever encountered silver or orange statues tho