Any schedule application that links to-dos and datebook?

February 3, 2005 11:52:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I need something that will link a to-do and a datebook item.

If I just put something in datebook, and don't get it done, it passes
by and I don't see it again to remind me.

If I just put it in to-do, it's not scheduled for a particular time, so
I never do it.

I need events that stay on my to-do list, and are scheduled for a
certain
time.

Due dates on to-dos don't help. I can do them separately, but am
looking for
an integrated solution.

Thanks,
Jim
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 3:22:30 PM

<kroger@princeton.edu> wrote in message
> I need something that will link a to-do and a datebook item.
>
> If I just put something in datebook, and don't get it done, it passes
> by and I don't see it again to remind me.
>
> If I just put it in to-do, it's not scheduled for a particular time, so
> I never do it.
>
> I need events that stay on my to-do list, and are scheduled for a
> certain
> time.
>
> Due dates on to-dos don't help. I can do them separately, but am
> looking for
> an integrated solution.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Hi Jim;

I use datebk5 from www.pimlicosoftware.com as my replacement datebook app
and much, much more. ToDo's are integrated and can be scheduled, with
alarms, due dates, and progress. Love this app and have used it since
purchasing my first PalmPilot Pro!

Check it out, there is a trial download available and grab the PDF manual
too!

regards,
WjP
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 8:18:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

kroger@princeton.edu wrote in news:1107449540.137274.179720

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/datebk5.htm

--
Regards,

Stan
February 4, 2005 10:05:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On 3 Feb 2005 08:52:20 -0800, kroger@princeton.edu spewed forth these words of
wisdom:

>I need something that will link a to-do and a datebook item.
>
>If I just put something in datebook, and don't get it done, it passes
>by and I don't see it again to remind me.
>
>If I just put it in to-do, it's not scheduled for a particular time, so
>I never do it.
>
>I need events that stay on my to-do list, and are scheduled for a
>certain
>time.
>
>Due dates on to-dos don't help. I can do them separately, but am
>looking for
>an integrated solution.
>
>Thanks,
>Jim

I'm not sure if Agendus 9.02 can do that, but it can do quite a bit with ToDos.
http://www.iambic.com/agendus/palmos/details.asp?cnt=to...

Galley
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 2:21:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

<kroger@princeton.edu> wrote in message
>I need something that will link a to-do and a datebook item.
>
> If I just put something in datebook, and don't get it done, it passes
> by and I don't see it again to remind me.
>
> If I just put it in to-do, it's not scheduled for a particular time, so
> I never do it.
>
> I need events that stay on my to-do list, and are scheduled for a
> certain
> time.
>
> Due dates on to-dos don't help. I can do them separately, but am
> looking for
> an integrated solution.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Datebk5. You will come to love it!
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 7:40:23 PM

For free, try KsDatebook on www.freewarepalm.com

--
George Fragos
_______________

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Thanks George, I downloaded and installed it, but as far as I can see,
it does not do what I asked about, which is to link a calendar item
with a todo, or have an event appear in both the calendar and the todo
list.

Am I missing something?
Thanks
Jim

George Fragos wrote:
> John B. Coarsey, PE <jcoarsey wrote:
> > <kroger@princeton.edu> wrote in message
> >
> >>I need something that will link a to-do and a datebook item.
> >>
> >>If I just put something in datebook, and don't get it done, it
passes
> >>by and I don't see it again to remind me.
> >>
> >>If I just put it in to-do, it's not scheduled for a particular
time, so
> >>I never do it.
> >>
> >>I need events that stay on my to-do list, and are scheduled for a
> >>certain
> >>time.
> >>
> >>Due dates on to-dos don't help. I can do them separately, but am
> >>looking for
> >>an integrated solution.
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>Jim
> >>

> > Datebk5. You will come to love it!
> >

> For free, try KsDatebook on www.freewarepalm.com
>
> --
> George Fragos
> _______________
> Thank a Veteran
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 10:12:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Yes, Jim, you are missing something. But it's not real obvious. To link
an appt to a ToDo, you go the day view, the day of the Appt. Then click
in the upper left corner of the screen, the black arrow pointing down,
next to the date. A selection menu will appear, allowing you to choose
and of the other basic database's to display in the bottom of the
screen. Select the ToDo list. Once you have the ToDo list displayed,
select the appointment you want to link. Then click in the Linking icon
(the L with an arrow pointing up), then click on the ToDo you want to
link to the appointment. Done.
When you want to access the link, simply select the appt. and click on
the linking icon next to it. DateBk will display the ToDo.
If you want to remove the link, select the Appt, click on Details,
click on the Link icon. Select the link you want to remove, if there's
more than one, and click Delete.
Sounds more complicated than it is. After you've done it a few times,
you won't even think about it anymore.
Hope this helps.
!