[Crawl] Rod of destruction Ice bolt != Spellbook Ice Bolt?

When i cast icebolt with my ice elementalist it goes throught the monster
and hits the monster behind it too,but when my spriggan transmuter uses the
rod of destruction (found on dungeon level 2,lucky me :) ) to cast ice bolt
it only hurts one monster.

Are the two spells different or could i get the shoot throught power for my
rod spell,when i raise my ice magic skilllevel ?

Adrian Fänger wrote:
> When i cast icebolt with my ice elementalist it goes throught the monster
> and hits the monster behind it too,but when my spriggan transmuter uses the
> rod of destruction (found on dungeon level 2,lucky me :) ) to cast ice bolt
> it only hurts one monster.
>
> Are the two spells different or could i get the shoot throught power for my
> rod spell,when i raise my ice magic skilllevel ?

Ice bolt and Bolt of Cold are two completely different spells. Ice bolt
doesn't go through monsters, bolt of cold does.

Adrian Fónger <Faenger@heliweb.de> roared:

> When i cast icebolt with my ice elementalist it goes throught the
> monster and hits the monster behind it too,but when my spriggan
> transmuter uses the rod of destruction (found on dungeon level
> 2,lucky me :) ) to cast ice bolt it only hurts one monster.

Are you sure your Ice Elementalist casts Ice Bolt, not Bolt of Cold?

Ice Bolt only hits one monster, but does some damage to monsters
that are cold resistant, too, because of the physical impact of the
ice (so after the ice hits a monster, it and can't hit any others).

Bolt of Cold is just a beam of cold, only damages monsters that
aren't cold resistant, but can hit several monsters in a row
(imagine it's a bit like a wave of cold).

--
Tina the Infernalist - an Elder of the Rewarding Numberless Generation