Athlon in KT7a turns off after 9 seconds

G

Yeah it turned out to be I had to plug the cpu fan into the fan1 spot, hehe. thanks for the help =]
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by endura29 on 03/03/01 02:03 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

check the heat sick and the fan, kt7 will shut off if the fan is in the wrong plug and also if the chip gets to hot. it might be something like that. or look at the power button on the case, see if it is sticking it might be something as easy as that.

~enjoy

Those who do not know, speak. Those who are silent, know.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
You've got one of the KT7 BIOSes that shuts down the system if thinks the fan isn't operating. This an automatic function. Depending on which BIOS you have you may be able to disable it.

Quickly get into BIOS Setup and into the PC Health section. If your BIOS allows it you will be able to turn off the Automatic CPU Fan monitoring.

Alternately, you need to hook up a fan capable of sending the RPM signal to the motherboard fan header #1.

Unfortunately, these are your only possibilities as the 10 seconds prior to auto-shutdown is not enough time to flash a later BIOS.

I believe the BIOS was corrected beginning in version WZb01 (version YH is the latest). Now the default is Auto Fan Monitoring disabled.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by phsstpok on 03/02/01 11:27 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

flavio321

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2001
i've got that mobo along with many other kt133a mobo's.
the abit requires the fan plug to be shorted. attach a regular, 3 pin, fan to wherever and just use the good fan for the hsf.

My slowest PC out of 61 computers is @1050Mhz