which temp cpu monitor is true?

G

I just build myself a tbrid 850, and when i run the asus probe software it tells that my cpu is 56 degrees.......but when i go the the bios it only says 45....so which is true??

G

i have a similar problem

I have a
Duron 800
with a Gigabyte 7zm

in windows with the Via hardware monitor it says like Cpu 43 celcius
but in Cmos (bios) it says 36-37...

hmm
weird..
But it could be the version of the hardware monitor i am using..

G

Same here, 42 in BIOS and 46-48 in Windows, I think it could be the strain of booting and then background apps causing the temp increase.

Anyone have other ideas

<b><font color=red>Facts speek for themselfs</b></font color=red>

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
I used to have the same deal; 55C on a T-850 (not overclocked), with a FOP38 and a housefan. I'm not sure where in the nine-hells the thermistors are on the a7v133. The asus 'probe' is off by 10C (at least), and the bios is off by around 2C. The motherboard temp is close (~1C).
I used a compu-nurse to check my cpu temps, with the thermistor between the cpu and heatsink. The actual/working temp is probably a little lower than that, because I didn't want to crush the thermistor.
Either way, it's a little warmer than it's ntel counterpart.

Start sweating when you hit 65C, or get a copperplate/peltier/waterblock in the meantime.......

Tempus

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2001
Did you buy that compu-nurse from <A HREF="http://www.coolerguys.com" target="_new">coolerguys.com</A>? They said that placing it between the cpu and heatsink could break it. They said just to have it touching the cpu...

- I don't write Tom's Hardware Guide, I just preach it"

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It's not weird. When you are measuring the temp in bios, the cpu is under no load at all, thus the lower temperatures.

Once in Windows, the cpu is under a larger load, and the temperature goes up.

If you have UNREAL, run the flyby for an hour, then measure your temperature. It will be quite a bit higher, due to the heavy load.