Crawl: how can I restore a dead character?

Last response: in Video Games
December 16, 2004 5:45:55 AM

Is there any way to restore a dead Crawl character? In the dark hours
of the night I absent-mindedly Quit the game instead of Saving and
exiting, and I lost a very nice character by doing so.

Even though the character before this one got eaten by a rat, this
still seems like an excessively dumb way to put those dreaded little
words "You die..." on the screen.
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 2:21:33 AM

"googlegroups@otos.cotse.net" <googlegroups@otos.cotse.net> wrote
in news:1103193955.290186.63910@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Is there any way to restore a dead Crawl character? In the dark
> hours of the night I absent-mindedly Quit the game instead of
> Saving and exiting, and I lost a very nice character by doing
> so.
>
> Even though the character before this one got eaten by a rat,
> this still seems like an excessively dumb way to put those
> dreaded little words "You die..." on the screen.

File recovery program. Don't start any game until you try recovery.
!