MN-700 router power loss reconnectoin issue

vinCe

Every time I lose power in my house, my router goes
haywire and I have to spend 30 minutes of disconnecting
and reconnnecting cords to get back. I think it is my
router because the power light will disappear. I have all
the updated software for the router.

Mike

Splendid

I have the same problem and it is very frustrating. It
also seems that the order at which I cycle the power of
devices makes a difference. (Cycle the router after the
cable/DSL modem.) However, this doesn't make too much
sense to me. Anyone else having this problem? Why can't
my modem and router power ON at the same time and
function correctly?

When I lose Internet, I power down both the DSL and the router. Then I
power up the modem, and let it do the "handshake" thing with the CO for a
solid connection. Once the lights are steady, I then turn on the router and
let it do its thing. Then I have Internet again.

If you're bring both online at the same time, the router isn't able to
probably converse with the modem.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC