Cant Boot using CDROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwalec

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
hi,

trying to reinstall windows 7 64bit so i can partition hard drives but i cant load OS from my cdrom/dvdrom. Tried going into bios and changing settings so first boot device is cdrom but OS just keeps on loading time after time. How do i boot from my OS disc?

thanks again

MOBO: gigabyte UD3R
CPU: intel i7 930

Solution
No, three monitors shouldn't cause an issue. It should immediately go into booting from the DVD when you press a key.

Have you tried booting from the DVD in another computer to ensure the DVD isn't bad? Worse comes to worse, you can try to boot from USB instead.

Maximum PC states how to in the June 2010 issue and here is their original article from October 2009 on their website:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/howtos/how_to_install_windows_7_beta_a_usb_key

gwalec

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010

Thanks for reply, however, this is where my problem lies. I press any key when prompted to do so and after 3 or 4 seconds my computer loads windows. I have never had a problem like this before. I am using three monitors if that could somehow be a factor but not sure how. Any other suggestions?

isamuelson

Distinguished
No, three monitors shouldn't cause an issue. It should immediately go into booting from the DVD when you press a key.

Have you tried booting from the DVD in another computer to ensure the DVD isn't bad? Worse comes to worse, you can try to boot from USB instead.

Maximum PC states how to in the June 2010 issue and here is their original article from October 2009 on their website:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/howtos/how_to_install_windows_7_beta_a_usb_key

Solution

gwalec

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010

thanks, i will try that.

gwalec

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
all right so i was able to boot using usb. Thanks for the suggestion.

However i am still not satisfied with something. Every time i try to boot from the cd and it asks me to "press any key" nothing happens and the OS loads. I have gone into bios and made my CDROM, my TSST corp CDD and my USB CDROM the first boot device. Someone told me that using a wireless keyboard is the cause. However i went out and bought a usb keyboard and still the same issue. Any idea what the problem could be? I think it might be the DVD writer but it works fine in all other instances.

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.