playing unspoiled with this
one.

One thing I am wondering
about: no extended 's'earch
command? Or am I missing
something?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about crawl extended search command
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Erik Piper wrote:

    > Hmm. What are you thinking of under that name? Something like 'l'ook
    command in
    > ADOM? (Can't remember the ToME and Nethack equivalents.) That's "x"
    in Crawl.
    > If you're looking for more information than 'x' provides, I'm sad to
    say you
    > won't find it -- there's no way to get detailed "technical"
    information on
    > monsters short of source diving.

    Typing '?' after putting cursor on monster with
    'x' gives a ~brief~ description, which is
    sufficient or me...

    But, anyway, I guess I wasn't entirely clear, I
    apologize. I was referring to where you can
    perform multiple searchs of terrain with one
    command instead of frantically hitting 's' over
    and over. Like the extended rest command
    of shift+5 on numpad.

    By the way, really enjoying the game -- just
    recently discovered how religion system
    works. Real nice! Mangaged becoming a
    priest before dying by the hand of an orc
    warrior...
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    RecRanger wrote:

    > Hello fellow Crawlers!
    >
    > I am a veteran of roguelikes
    > playing nearly all of them
    > available since their humble
    > beginnings, including ToME,
    > ADoM, NetHack, Slash'EM,
    > Omega, Larn, well -- the list
    > goes on...
    >
    > I am now trying to give
    > Crawl a real honest go. I've
    > attempted before, but did
    > not like the 'scolling'
    > effect with mapping.
    >
    > Really enjoying the game,
    > and I'm really going to try
    > playing unspoiled with this
    > one.
    >
    > One thing I am wondering
    > about: no extended 's'earch
    > command? Or am I missing
    > something?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hmm. What are you thinking of under that name? Something like 'l'ook command in
    ADOM? (Can't remember the ToME and Nethack equivalents.) That's "x" in Crawl.
    If you're looking for more information than 'x' provides, I'm sad to say you
    won't find it -- there's no way to get detailed "technical" information on
    monsters short of source diving.

    Erik
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    In article <1104175752.051818.233470@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    RecRanger <spamphobia@yahoo.com> wrote:
    // But, anyway, I guess I wasn't entirely clear, I
    // apologize. I was referring to where you can
    // perform multiple searchs of terrain with one
    // command instead of frantically hitting 's' over
    // and over. Like the extended rest command
    // of shift+5 on numpad.

    Actually, there's no difference between searching and resting, so
    you can just use the extended rest command.

    Brent Ross

Games Command Prompt Video Games