Can not connect to base station

Help please.

Okay i know you guys are pros at this. I just received my
MS Wireless-G Base station MN-700 and notebook card for my
laptop. While downloading the software i came up with a
error. For some reason it is not able to locate the base
station. My ISP is road runner, my fire wall is down and
my computer does not have a NAT connected. I am close to
ripping my hair out with this, anything will be helpful to
me at this point.

Thanks

Johann wrote:
> Help please.
>
> Okay i know you guys are pros at this. I just received my
> MS Wireless-G Base station MN-700 and notebook card for my
> laptop. While downloading the software i came up with a
> error. For some reason it is not able to locate the base
> station. My ISP is road runner, my fire wall is down and
> my computer does not have a NAT connected. I am close to
> ripping my hair out with this, anything will be helpful to
> me at this point.
>
> Thanks
You better start ripping, Ive had same problem for a month and nobody on
here can help me, but I "keepcomingback" as they say..or
"onedayatatime". I have a mn500 and a dsl connection w/ two laptops ea
with a pcmcia card, one is a mn520 the other is a linksys. I have tried
rotating cards, so thats not it. Every now and then I will get a
connection for like an hour (if Im lucky) then it will be gone.
Go figure
walt

BTW Joker I think yer right, theres millions of gd newsgroups out there
that specialize on everything from anal cavitys of fleas to Linux fuel
injection SUVs....and Im looking for answers...to a problem that sorely
vexes me. I can learn nothing from a person with entirely dif equipment
and softwear, or dif OS etc.