[Crawl] Crawl with 3d tiles?

marcus

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2001

I'm sure Crawl fans have seen this awesome tile set:
http://rltiles.sourceforge.net/

But I was wondering how you actually enable the 2.5d tiles? It defaults to
2d (which looks great), but I'd like to at least test the 2.5d set.

I don't suppose these are following Darshan's patches completely?

"Marcus" <akf@afdslkj.com> wrote:

> I'm sure Crawl fans have seen this awesome tile set:
> http://rltiles.sourceforge.net/
[Graphical Crawl]
> I don't suppose these are following Darshan's patches completely?

I understand Mitsuhiro Itakura did a merge of tiled Crawl + the
patch a couple of months back, but I gather it hasn't been released
yet.

Darshan

marcus

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2001

Darshan Shaligram wrote:
> "Marcus" <akf@afdslkj.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm sure Crawl fans have seen this awesome tile set:
>> http://rltiles.sourceforge.net/
> [Graphical Crawl]
>> I don't suppose these are following Darshan's patches completely?
>
> I understand Mitsuhiro Itakura did a merge of tiled Crawl + the
> patch a couple of months back, but I gather it hasn't been released
> yet.
>
> Darshan

I don't suppose you could investigate this to produce a binary? :) Or
provide an email address for me to do the same. I'm enjoying the game, but
reading over your patch notes, it seems you've added a lot of really nice
usability stuff. You don't have any regular communication with the creators
of this version? It seems quite nice.

Incidently, I figured out how to turn on the 2.5d tiles, it was a simple
option in the ini file (duh).

"Marcus" <akf@afdslkj.com> wrote:
> Darshan Shaligram wrote:
>> "Marcus" <akf@afdslkj.com> wrote:
>> [Graphical Crawl]
>>> I don't suppose these are following Darshan's patches
>>> completely?

>> I understand Mitsuhiro Itakura did a merge of tiled Crawl + the
>> patch a couple of months back, but I gather it hasn't been
>> released yet.

> I don't suppose you could investigate this to produce a binary? :)

I think the graphical Crawl authors have made significant changes to
the UI since the last release, so simply merging the last tiled
release code and the patch will be suboptimal.

If Mitsuhiro doesn't respond here (he does read rgr.misc, iirc), you
could try asking in the Crawl forums at

http://crawl.proboards30.com/

> You don't have any regular communication with the creators of this
> version?

No, I haven't heard from them in a while.

> It seems quite nice.

Indeed, it's a pretty interface, and they've made good use of the
mouse. The 64x64 tiles are very well done, and Crawl's well suited to
a graphical interface since the viewable portion of the map is small.

Darshan