[Crawl] What a deal!

I hardly can believe what I've bought in an antique weapon shop on D:4
for something like 170 gold:

the +8,+10 hand axe of Trog (weapon)
It emits flame when wielded, causing extra injury to most foes and up to
double damage against particularly susceptible opponents.

It's almost like buying an unidentified car for 15$ and after removing
the dust you suddenly have a shiny new Ferrari!
The RNG _must_ hate me now... *g*

Rubinstein

Rubinstein wrote:
> ...antique weapon shop on D:4 for something like 170 gold:
>
> the +8,+10 hand axe of Trog (weapon)
> [...]
> The RNG _must_ hate me now... *g*

Hey, it was meant as a joke! But the RNG apparently doesn't like jokes.
I'm on D:9 now and, though still alive, I never saw such an amount of
dangerous monsters on these shallow depth. I'm seriously thinking about
offering that axe on Okawaru's altar, only to calm the RNG down...

Rubinstein

jasonnorthrup@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hmm, perhaps Trog would be offended :)

Perhaps, yes. ;-)
But if I would offer it on an altar of Trog, Okawaru _definitely_ would
be offended - and that's for sure!

On the other hand, I don't believe on any relationship between the RNG
and the 'other' gods. I think I'll keep the weapon: good old RNG has an
open bill with me and if he really wants the duel, he can get it now.

But first I need some sleep. Duels man vs. god usually require full
concentration on every bloody second. Wish me luck (though luck alone
wouldn't be enough this time). Whoever wins, this could be an
interesting battle: uber-god vs. uber-weapon! *g*

The odds are clearly against me, though: I'm better with spellcasters
and this is one of my random chars, a Minotaur Fighter...

Rubinstein

TRENDING THREADS