Sign in with
Your question

Ask laptop battery forum

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
January 5, 2011 4:06:57 AM

sir
i have a laptop presario 2200 (2201AS), it was giving battery backup of almost 1 hour, in "control panel-power options-power meter" it was showing battery name JM-6, when few days back it abruptly stopped giving any backup, i thought battery may be bad, i fiddled with battery(opened it to see if all cells were healthy(giving 3.7 v) and "tempered"with few connections, (i am no expert just curious kinda person),
(maybe i have spoiled the battery but problem is something else)
later i inserted back the battery it was showing as if battery is present but showing it as
Battery name : CT10 (previously JM-6)
Unique ID : 6553512321Hewlett-PackardCD10
Chemistry : LION
Power State : online, discharging (previously too showed same)
Manufacturer : Hewlett Packard

now when i remove battery it still shows same info as if Battery is still present showing Total battery power remaining : 0% (previously showed Greyed Icon of batter in power meter -no battery present, Total Battery charge remaining : Unknown
----> please help and make me understand what could have happened and why even after removal of laptop battery it shows battery type CT10 and chemistry LION ETC, WHY IT FALSELY DETECTS BATTERY THAT IS NOWHERE IN IT.
p.s I REINSTALLED WINDOWS OS BUT NO EFFECT

More about : laptop battery forum

a b D Laptop
January 5, 2011 7:57:37 AM

So, is the battery actually working yet?
m
l
January 6, 2011 3:52:49 AM

no - all messed up, i will have to get a new one, but why is laptop showing battery which is not present, ofcourse the problem is in laptop Mobo, but could it be some serious prob making a bigger hole in pocket???????????
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
January 6, 2011 4:42:22 AM

It sounds like it could be an issue with the battery sensor on the motherboard. It could be "stuck" or it could be shot. Just about the only way of finding out is to try another battery in it.
m
l
January 7, 2011 5:38:46 AM

ya thanks, looks like the only solution is to shell out bucks for new battery
m
l
a b D Laptop
January 8, 2011 2:34:26 AM

Unfortunately that is probably the only way to go. If you follow through, let us know how it turned out and if it corrected the issue.
m
l
April 1, 2011 2:58:40 PM

hp laptop battery broke, and can be considered for one, or return after-sales repair
m
l
April 23, 2011 3:02:02 AM

Felt sorry for your battery. My battery confront the same problem and I had just bought one from laptop-battery-china.com
Hope you good luck
m
l
August 8, 2012 9:17:58 AM

you need to change your laptop battery : )
m
l
November 20, 2012 12:51:35 PM

but if so cant you reset the battery?
m
l
March 13, 2013 12:10:14 AM

I think the best method is replace a new laptop battery to solve your problem,in fact,you can get information from www.tommox.com ,They are high quality product.I believe they can help you.
m
l
a c 248 D Laptop
March 13, 2013 12:06:45 PM

tommox123 said:
I think the best method is replace a new laptop battery to solve your problem,in fact,you can get information from www.tommox.com ,They are high quality product.I believe they can help you.

Hi :) 

SPAM REPORTED...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
June 17, 2013 9:37:13 PM

There are also manufactures that now specialize in making advanced replacement laptop batteries that pack 30% more power than standard laptop batteries and almost double the service life to 3 years or more.

A typical standard 6 replacement battery will have a capacity of 4400mAh and last a maximum of 500 charging cycles. These 6 cell laptop batteries are sold by www.SafeBatteries.com rate at 5800mAh and will last well beyond 500 charging cycles. The specs indicate 70% of the battery capacity will remain even after 500 charges which is a major improvement.

m
l
July 16, 2013 10:41:14 PM

As you told us say that you are not expert then its too hard for me to detect what do you do with the cells of your laptop battery. I think you have to replace your battery, without seeing your battery, too hard to say anything about it.
m
l
!