Any new gaming laptops coming out soon?

l337hxr

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2003
My fall quarter for college starts sept. 23 and i want to buy a gaming laptop. So far the #1 choice I found in terms of price/performance is the spectacular Sagar 5680. My budget is around $2 grand and with the ATI 9600 chip, it sound like a great investment and with the stories that this laptop can hit 3000 on the 3dmark2003 scores.

does anyone else have any other brands they could recommend that are fast?

The sagar one for 2 grand comes i want to build comes with 2.4ghz p4, 512mb ddr, ati radeon 9600, 60gig 7200rpm, and other standard stuff. Tomshardware proves that a 2.8ghz vs. 2.4ghz with ati radeon shows no significant improvement in 3dmark scores and gaming fps ....so that's why i went with 2.4ghz.

does anyone know any other laptop that comes close to this or better for a little over 2 grand or under? i defitnitley needt his for 80% gaming / 20% schoolwork. alienware is stupid cuz it costs so much after configuring the system. dell is good but their video cards suck. the gf 5600 is slow.

Does anyone even know if Nvidia is coming back anytime soon to fight against the ATI 9600 chipset? If they are, then I'll probably wait for them ...but if they aren't...i don't know.

JP5

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003
There is always SOMETHING around the corner :smile: I've never heard of Sager, but if it has what you want for your pricepoint go for it. The other good gaming laptops in my favorite order are: Voodoo, Alienware, and Dell.