Sign in with
Your question

Connecting remote office to Local server

Last response: in Business Computing
April 25, 2012 3:27:30 PM

Hello,
Currently I have a Dell poweredge 1900 running SBS 2003. For our network we have a gigabit switch connected to firebox firewall (Not exact about model #) from firewall we go to comcast business class internet.

I am curious as to what you guys &/or gals feel would be the best method to get a remote office connected to our current office domain & server? We have an application that stores client information that is centralized in our main office. We ultimately want to be able to access this database remotely as well as documents that are shared on our LAN.

Thanks for any information or tips.
June 7, 2012 1:36:46 PM

You can take application server hosting service from an experienced application hosting and cloud computing service provider. You and your employees can then simultaneously connect to your hosted application and data securely and instantly at anytime and from anyplace through Internet. Taking hosting service can certainly meet your requirements. You should choose an experienced application hosting and cloud computing service provider, whose service is satisfactory, economical, fast, and reliable. Your experienced hosting service provider should offer round the clock support service and full security for the application and data.
For more information, see –
http://www.myrealdata.com/application-hosting.html
June 10, 2012 10:19:34 PM

Your Firebox should have a secure VPN. See owners manual about setting it up.
June 15, 2012 12:13:08 PM

BadTrip is right on the money. Setup a VPN tunnel between sites. If you need any assistance with this, feel free to either reply or private message me :) 

Edit: I'm sorry, when I hear remote office I think of a full staffed office (10+ users).
If it's just one user at a home office, then there is no sense in buying another Firebox for a VPN tunnel.
Setting up a user to connect to VPN to your office is pretty straightforward.
!