QH270 Qnix vs. Matrix NEO vs. Achieva Shimian

adreen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
Sorry in advance if this is a respost, been searching for an hour now with no results :sweat:

I'm looking to buy a QH270 series monitor, and just wondering if there is a significant difference between those 3 brands? Or even any of the other brands like Catleap, Crossover?

They technically all use the exact same panel, so is the only difference strictly aesthetics?
Pricing suggests otherwise, which is why I'm asking this question.

At $317 USD I'm trying to decide between the Achieva Shimian IPSI (tempered glass) vs the Qnix QX2700 PIXEL PERFECT (non tempered glass).

The Qnix guarantees no dead pixels at the same price, while the Achieva Shimian can be shipped to me with a maximum of 5 dead pixels but has tempered glass, something I would like but not a must have...

EDIT : ALSO, anyone know about the varying refresh rates? I would love to get 100hz+!

Any advice would help, gonna finally get some sleep :p

Thanks in advanced!

hythos

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
I've been in a similar boat - holding off until I've been able to find something that's at least 75hz. Probably leaning towards an Achieva (for no real reason other than seeing more people buying that 'style'.) I'd prefer a mat-screen vs glossy for glare-purposes.

Additionally - I'm doubtful of the accuracy of refresh on the Asus PB278Q being 75hz with max resolution...
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4561593&CatId=3774