Samsung S23A700 3D Issue

Jarrett Prior

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Hello, I have just recently puchased a Samsung S23A700 3D monitor. The issue with the monitor resides with the 2D to 3D conversion option. When this option is selected it cuts off a small part of the screen from the left and right side (as shown in the images below).

eq85qw.jpg

2djasx.jpg

I am connected to the monitor via a DVI-D (Dual Link) connector. The resolution is set to it's native which is 1920x1080.

I have tried using the HDMI input instead but it gives me the same result. I have messed around with the monitor options to find something that works and the Nvidia scaling options but have had no success.

A solution to this would be greatly appreciated :)

Jarrett Prior

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011

Yes, the Tridef 3D seems to work fine. The problem occurs when I use the 2D to 3D option on the monitor.

chubiboi

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
bump please, experiencing the same problem only happens in 2d-3d mode the other features frame sequential, etc fills up the whole screen

This could be the normal behavior. Under 3D Vision, this is none as the "Frustum" option. It is done because it can't calculate a full screen for both eyes from a single 2D image. In normal 3D mode, this can be corrected, as both eyes calculate its own image, but in this fake 3D mode, it only gets a single 2D image.