FUGGER, Simple question ok?

G

Why do you have a personal grudge on AMD?

Im just curious.

Some people have had bad experiences with Intel and some have had bad with AMD.

This doesn't mean both are horrible processors, nor are neither perfect, but why all the bad talk on AMD specifically?

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Not really a grudge, thats like me saying you have a grudge with Intel.

I back Intel, others back AMD. I am outnumbered here by Lemmings who repeat the same crap over and over. so when newbies come here and take in that crap and repeat it more.

My grudge is with AMD lemmings who keep spewing the regurgitated crap like there is no thermal problem and they are perfect processors. when in reality the are far less than 100% compatable and thousands of processors died from overheating. yet AMD lemmings keep trying to make AMD sales here telling people to buy buy buy, you will save a buck or two. when in reality the system costs just about the same after you factor in all extra parts, cooling, PSU, downloading new drivers, scrathing your head why something doesnt run on AMD.

Its even making me sick repeating that crap over and over, but now im sure your gonna ask "what incompatabilities" im better off in just flicking you a bird than replying with links and info again since you will try to discredit me calling me names and crap like all the other lemmings.

I take a offensive posture, since I already know you guys are going defensive.

I hope that answered your question.

G

fuggers right you know, amd has massive incompatibilities...

any version of macOS
clarisworks
pretty much all apple software in fact...
pa-risc software...
in fact any non-x86 software..

wow....

my gf runs a duron 700 on a 200w psu, with a $10 cooler by the way...oh the humanity

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: cape does not enable user to fly.

G

Im not on the defence here...

And im not going to call you names.
I just wanted your opinion.

I don't really have a grudge with Intel, i have a grudge on people who call what i like and what i have down. I mean my processor and computer are fine, this is my 3rd AMD processor and i have never had a problem. But thats me. I did once have a Cyrix processor, and my cousin had a 5x86 from them 133 MHz i think and it sucked so bad, but i mean you can't put blame on the processor alone, you have to factor in the other components too, if you buy a kickass intel or amd system with a slow hard drive and 8 meg video card and games run bad, you can't say, oh.. intel sucks or amd sucks. So many points can go into factoring different situations. Myself my previous computer k6-2 350 with my Asus A7v i love it, quick fast and got the job done for me, no probs whatsoever. A friend of mine wanted one but he was so cheap he wanted to save every dollar right.. So. i got him a board with onboard video, sound and you know what? it's the slowest system i have ever seen in my life.
I spent hours on it trying to see why it was so slow , but i believe it was the QDI motherboard , mine had a good Asus one and was fine. But i mean as i said so many componets go into it. My cousin also had a Intel 233 computer
it was ok to begin with then after 6 months is was slow as hell and he said, o intel sucks, but i mean yes there are people who hate AMD, and yes there are people who hate INTEL, but the fact is, is it really a big deal?

Both company's have certain issues
and both have there strengths and weaknesses
but i mean do we have to keep arguing cronically about this?

G

And hey Newbie

let me know of some app that i cannot run on my Duron 800
ok?

Just let me know 1
ill download it and i want to see it crash and burn and see how it neeeeds intel to run this

let me know please.

G

huh?? sorry t-bird, i was supporting you...

that post was supposed to drip with sarcasm...sorry, now that i look at it i think it was a bit too obscured.

i am a fellow duron 800 owner. they kick ass. there are no incompatibilities. sorry about that :)

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
Fugger,
As a relativeltly neutral opinion, I would like to say I'm not going defensive on you. I appreciate the info. I do have an AMD. I haven't had any problems, however I have read of many problems and agree that they exist. Most of these, though, are from people overclocking, something that the processor wasn't designed for. That's not AMDs problem.
AMD processors are not perfect processors. If you get an Intel you will probably have less problems. However, although problems can occur with AMD, they can also occur with intel processors, and the problems that AMD users face are exagerated many times.
When you say the system costs the same after factoring in all the extra parts... what extra parts? My cooling fan cost me twenty bucks and I didn't need any extra parts, all my old components worked fine (everything from an old AWE32 soundcard to my network and firewire cards). I have also had no software incompatibilites with the AMD. Incompabitibilty is not much of an issue with AMD; yes, it is there, but it is so minor very few people run into it.

I know the pentium 4 beats the AMD sometimes. I also know the AMD beats the pentium 4 sometimes. They are both good processors. Except one is a lot less. Considering the size of Intel they should be the ones putting out faster processors for cheaper, don't you agree?
I have used Intel all my life, but at this point I would recommend an AMD processor to almost anybody as you can save a buck or two, or two hundred, or three hundred, or 400 hundred, or...
Maybe you have alot of money to spend on computer stuff, but at least for me, I am not rich, and my life doesn't revolve around having the greatest computer on Tom's Hardware Forum. But thats just me.

I agree with you; many people do say stuff like 'AMD is perfect' when they are not. AMD is not perfect. But they are good, and they are cheap, and the issues with them are often times exagerated, are result from people doing things to the processor that were never intended to be done to it.

Lowlypawn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
There is only one person who “keeps spewing the regurgitated crap” and that person is you Fugger.

“ when in reality the system costs just about the same after you factor in all extra parts, cooling, PSU, downloading new drivers”
What extra parts are u talking about? Drivers are free and if I was building a new Intel system I would still download all the newest drivers so your not saving time.

“im better off in just flicking you a bird than replying with links and info again”
Please, what hard evidence have you ever brought to this forum? Like it would be so hard to cut & paste the “links and info”. Flicking a bird just represents your intellect and maturity level.

“thousands of processors died from overheating”
Did you perform research on this or are you just pulling numbers out of your ass?
How many Intel processors died last year? You don’t know just like you don’t know how many AMD died last year. I know of 2 and both were user caused.

“since you will try to discredit me calling me names and crap like all the other lemmings.”
I have never called you a name and what kind of response do you expect when calling people “lemmings”.
This is a forum where people express there opinions and just because some one disagrees with you there not discrediting you. All the flames u receive you bring apon your self.

I know there is no hope of changing your opinions or style of writing but hopefully a few more readers will just skip to the next post whenever they see “Fugger”

Cya

<font color=green>Paranoia is just a higher awareness of reality.</font color=green>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I built my P3 system because it was cheaper-I work at home and time is money. Seriously-I have owned both, I stuck with AMD a long time before switching over. I had too many problems with VIA. Most of them minor. All of them time consuming.

Suicide is painless...........

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The purpose of these forum is to solve problems. So when someone gives bad advice for the fun of it (Fugger), it ticks other people off.

For example, a recent post asked for help with a T-Bird that freezes as soon as he starts gaming. It only froze when gaming. He has 2 128 meg Ram modules. Here are Fuggers words of wisdom:

<font color=blue>"AMD sucks dude, get an Intel machine.

Sounds to me like your CPU has been fried.

its still operational to some extent, but you knows its whacked!"</font color=blue>

How is that for helpful? For as skilled a computer technician as Fugger says he is, why didn't he suggest troubleshooting the Ram? Real easy with 2 modules. Just remove one. This has nothing to do with Intel or AMD, just simple troubleshooting. Later feedback on the thread showed that the problem was a defective RAM module.

Check out the thread "Athlon System Freeze" to see Fuggers troubleshooting skills. Also note how he cannot comprehend what he reads, as he declares

<font color=blue>"Keep up the great posts like this one ending in sheer disgust! I love it."</font color=blue>

The thread ended with the problem found, but Fugger couldn't comprehend that. His lack of reading comprehension skills is something to pity.

Fugger is one of two things: either he is so clueless about computer technology that he cannot offer good advice, or he is giving people poor advice because he thinks it is fun.

Either way, he is a loser. Read his posts for fun, but take none seriously.

I admit, sometimes I enjoy exchanging words with him. It can make the forum a bit of fun, but it has gotten out of hand.

From now on I'll just point out the Fabricated Fugger Facts (FFF for short).

G

When I hear about these VIA issues I just scratch my head, bewildered. How is it that I can run so many AMD machines on my network (50), most using VIA chipsets, and not have these problems? I suppose that based on how much time you spent trying to get one machine with a VIA chipset working, I should, theoretically, be spending every waking moment fixing my machines. But yet I'm not. I guess I'm just REALLY lucky. Maybe it's because all these machines are totally stripped down with nothing more than video cards in them...LOL

G

Everyone says VIA Chipsets are bad

Im using a via chipset , my old k6-2 350 had a via chipset

i never had a problem

not once
i have everything installed
network cards, sound, modem video everything

G

WEELL conie i onlyu run 20 via chipsets buit they all woirk fine....to o drunk to post properly7......mmmmmm beerfest.....yay for hassling germsans about tsking over the world

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
I've been using via chipsets for a while as well. All been ok except one of them. It was on a FIC Socket-7 Motherboard for a k6-2 450. Cant remember the model. The only reason I bought it was I had a Globalwin FDP32 HSF. Huge thing it is, and would only fit on the FIC m/b. I still had to cut off two fins.

The AGP on that m/b was totally buggy. I'm sure there was something wrong with the pci as well but FIC wouldn't admit to it. It did not like any of my SCSI Cards.

But other than that one m/b, via has served me fine.

BTW, I don't believe for a second that FUGGER has no grudges against AMD. he's probably a Disgruntled ex-employee of AMD.

"The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it"

G

great. i just had sex