SP2, Dell 2400 and Broadcom 440x

I have a Dell 2400, and use a cable modem to connect to the Internet.
My particular computer uses the Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller.
Just curious to know if anyone with that configuration has upgraded to SP2
and had any problems with their broadband connection? More than anything, I
need that feature to work properly.
5 answers Last reply
More about dell 2400 broadcom 440x

    I just upgraded to SP2 today and everything went well. I d/l the It
    professional install from the site last night. It took about 10 minutes at
    392 KB. I d/l into a folder Icall "Temp". I would suggest unplugging your
    cable modem, and closing all windows programs in your system tray. Then go
    to the location when you d/l the file,and click on the file. The file will
    install by itself.
    After the install is finished you will be asked restart windows. Then you
    will be asked what firewall would you like to use, and
    about window undates. The install should be complete. Plug in your cable
    modem.
    If you feel a 266MB file is a bit large too live on your computer, burn it
    to a cd for storage.

    Problem: When i went to restart windows,I did not have any desktop icons. I
    had to start windows again.

    "HistoryFan" <IHaTeSPam!@IhaTESpAM.coM> wrote in message
    > I have a Dell 2400, and use a cable modem to connect to the Internet.
    > My particular computer uses the Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated
    > Controller.
    > Just curious to know if anyone with that configuration has upgraded to SP2
    > and had any problems with their broadband connection? More than anything,
    > need that feature to work properly.

    I have the 2400 system with the Broadcom and SP2 installed like a charm. The
    Internet connection never missed a beat. And this is my wife's system. If it
    were not connecting properly I suspect I would have heard about it and right
    smartly.

    Regards,
    John O.

    "HistoryFan" <IHaTeSPam!@IhaTESpAM.coM> wrote in message
    > I have a Dell 2400, and use a cable modem to connect to the Internet.
    > My particular computer uses the Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated
    > Controller.
    > Just curious to know if anyone with that configuration has upgraded to SP2
    > and had any problems with their broadband connection? More than anything,
    > need that feature to work properly.

    Thanks for the reply. However, I plan to upgrade via Automatic
    Updates, so my cable modem will have to stay plugged in. I have XP
    completely up-to-date, so hopefully SP2 won't be any bigger than 80-90MB.

    "Molly" <ctalia4000@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > I just upgraded to SP2 today and everything went well. I d/l the It
    > professional install from the site last night. It took about 10 minutes at
    > 392 KB. I d/l into a folder Icall "Temp". I would suggest unplugging your
    > cable modem, and closing all windows programs in your system tray. Then go
    > to the location when you d/l the file,and click on the file. The file will
    > install by itself.
    > After the install is finished you will be asked restart windows. Then you
    > will be asked what firewall would you like to use, and
    > about window undates. The install should be complete. Plug in your cable
    > modem.
    > If you feel a 266MB file is a bit large too live on your computer, burn
    it
    > to a cd for storage.
    >
    > Problem: When i went to restart windows,I did not have any desktop icons.
    > had to start windows again.
    >
    > "HistoryFan" <IHaTeSPam!@IhaTESpAM.coM> wrote in message
    > > I have a Dell 2400, and use a cable modem to connect to the
    Internet.
    > > My particular computer uses the Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated
    > > Controller.
    > > Just curious to know if anyone with that configuration has upgraded to
    SP2
    > > and had any problems with their broadband connection? More than
    anything,
    > > need that feature to work properly.

    My SP1a is has all the current updates. My question is, if you use the
    automatic updates and it hangs doing install what are you going to do? I
    unplug the cable modem, because I closed down the virus program down, and
    the firewall.
    Here is the resource I used http://www.scotsnewsletter.com/default.htm . I
    need this update for two other computers anyway.

    "JJO" <jjo@nospam.ca> wrote in message
    >I have the 2400 system with the Broadcom and SP2 installed like a charm.
    >The Internet connection never missed a beat. And this is my wife's system.
    >If it were not connecting properly I suspect I would have heard about it
    >and right smartly.
    >
    > Regards,
    > John O.
    >

    > "HistoryFan" <IHaTeSPam!@IhaTESpAM.coM> wrote in message
    >> I have a Dell 2400, and use a cable modem to connect to the
    >> Internet.
    >> My particular computer uses the Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated
    >> Controller.
    >> Just curious to know if anyone with that configuration has upgraded to
    >> SP2
    >> and had any problems with their broadband connection? More than
    >> anything, I
    >> need that feature to work properly.

Dell Connection Broadcom Computers