The ongoing AMD and Intel issue...

G

It is almost entertaining watching the lashings being delivered back and forth between AMD and Intel zealots. However, the stupidity of most people usually creeps out eventually and people just begin bad-mouthing each other just because they happen to like one producer better than the other.

The fact of the matter is that people definetly have a bunch of different opinions and everyone should keep an open mind. Instead of just calling each other jackas$es and squabbling over pointless topics, we should be discussing the matters and trying to learn new things here. People like FUGGER have such closed minds and unchangeable opinions. Others such as tbirdinside seem to try and create a mutual ground but end up insulting other such inflammatory people. This is not the healthy way to approach such an issue as the ever changing computer world. With new technologies and expanding markets, everyone should have an open mind and elastic opinions. Both companies have their specific problems. Whether it may be with AMD's heating problems or Intel's P4 requirement for software specifically made to use its capabilities, we must assess the problems and decide how they affect us. Instead of degrading our different opinions down into a put-down match of calling each other AMD lemmings and Intel lamers, why don't we just discuss the damn topics? The conversations would be so much more extremely productive. Everyone needs to keep a much less harsh attitude towards this topic and actually think about what they are saying and what is being said here.

As for me, currently I am buying an AMD chip to assemble into my newest system. Through reading many reviews and looking into the problems that plague BOTH AMD and Intel, I have figured that going with a TBird 850 and overclocking would minimize my damages. Perhaps in several months when I look to upgrade other systems or assemble new ones, Intel will have fixed their problems with the P4 and I would consider them over AMD. I have built Intel systems in the past as well, both have their ups and downs. Cases of people reporting reject equipment from both sides of this discussion are fairly few and far between when considering the entire computer market. Concentrating on just one or even several problems that anyone may report for either side as the reason for that side being a horrible chip producer is useless and ignorant. Instead, look at the problem and see what you can learn for yourself or help other people learn from it.

On a directed side note to FUGGER, from looking at posts in the past, it seems as though you started out as a flamer against AMD. Now though, you do have some good information to lend to other people, but unfortunately your past plagues you with a general bias from anyone who is even remotely interested in AMD. Just try to keep new comments non-inflammatory and soon people will forget what you did say and concentrate on what you are saying. You have interesting views to convey and technical specifications that everyone could benefit from.

Everyone peace out and remember that the only person you hurt when you immediately discard other people's views and insult other's opinions due to your own closed mind is urself and the expansion of your knowledge.

-Calvin

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
Yes, thank you, I agree.
This forum is here for us to HELP eachother and to LEARN from eachother and to DISCUSS with eachother, as a group, as a community, not a place to fight and put down people.
Naturaly Fugger comes to mind, but there are many other people here who do the same kind of thing but don't get as much blame for it since they are on AMD's side and there are many more AMD supporters here.
But everyone needs to stop fighting and bashing and present their information responsibally. I don't know how many times it needs to be said before things will finally change, but I am asking you, PLEASE, refrain from the name calling and unintelligent, unproductive arguing and unsupported statements. And that goes for everyone, AMD supporters and Intel supporters.
I am not suggesting that there be no more arguments as that would defeat the purpose of the forum. I am asking that we argue like intelligent, mature, responsible people. Would you act like this in a business meeting? Maybe some of you would but I sure hope you wouldn't. Just because we are anonymous on the internet doesn't mean we should be jerks.

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The purpose of these forum is to solve problems. So when someone gives bad advice for the fun of it (Fugger), it ticks other people off.

For example, a recent post asked for help with a T-Bird that freezes as soon as he starts gaming. It only froze when gaming. He has 2 128 meg Ram modules. Here are Fuggers words of wisdom:

<font color=blue>"AMD sucks dude, get an Intel machine.

Sounds to me like your CPU has been fried.

its still operational to some extent, but you knows its whacked!"</font color=blue>

How is that for helpful? For as skilled a computer technician as Fugger says he is, why didn't he suggest troubleshooting the Ram? Real easy with 2 modules. Just remove one. This has nothing to do with Intel or AMD, just simple troubleshooting. Later feedback on the thread showed that the problem was a defective RAM module.

Check out the thread "Athlon System Freeze" to see Fuggers troubleshooting skills. Also note how he cannot comprehend what he reads, as he declares

<font color=blue>"Keep up the great posts like this one ending in sheer disgust! I love it."</font color=blue>

The thread ended with the problem found, but Fugger couldn't comprehend that. His lack of reading comprehension skills is something to pity.

Fugger is one of two things: either he is so clueless about computer technology that he cannot offer good advice, or he is giving people poor advice because he thinks it is fun.

Either way, he is a loser. Read his posts for fun, but take none seriously.

I admit, sometimes I enjoy exchanging words with him. It can make the forum a bit of fun, but it has gotten out of hand.

From now on I'll just point out the Fabricated Fugger Facts (FFF for short).