AMD Scaling Analysis???

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
a quick search on pricewatch using IE40 will show the 1Ghz old pos classic athlon @297-318(this chip should be at $50 bucks at least).

this will probably happen w/the older t-birdsh!t after the new ones decide to hatch!

ppl are still getting ripped off by vendors+AMD who will mislead unsuspecting customers that have older mb's.

vendors would prefer to sell a higher priced older HAHAthlon chip rather than a lower Priced t-bird or P3 system.(more profit for the vendor).

THG does not mention this at all!

AMD and their VAR's are making-up for all those devalued chips they sold.

yep, the HAHAthlon scales up pretty nice on pricewatch!

"Amd cpu...Gone in 2 secs flat, it truly is a fast chip!"

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Umm, if you would have bothered to look a little harder, you'd see that there are only FIVE vendors even selling 1 GHz Classic Athlons, and that 950 MHz classic Athlons are only $162, only $20 more than TBirds, but still $60 cheaper than a 933 MHz Pentium III. The reason why the 1 GHz Classic Athlon is so much is because there are very few left in circulation, so yes, they are more expensive.

I don't see you bitching at the fact that an old Pentium III 500 is $134, more so than even Thunderbird 900 or Pentium III 700. Why don't you bother mentioning that??? After all, it's the same situtation with that and a 1 GHz Classic Athlon. That processer really should be $50, not a 1 GHz Athlon.

If you would actually think about what you post, maybe I wouldn't have to consistently prove you wrong. Get a life. Better yet, get a thought process.

"We put the <i>fun</i> back into fundamentalist dogma!"

Nikko

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Can we all please, please, please, all agree to just ignore boy Meltdown?? Everytime he posts he's trying to get attention and stir everyone up. He's hardly worth spending any time trying to convince him of the error of his ways. As hard as it may be, do not reply to his posts and perhaps he will find something more constructive to do.

G

oohh are AMDmeltdown and fugger having a little lovers tiff. I hope you guys patch it up :)
nml

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Damn you guys fight like little kids but amdmelt has a point guys read before you freak

SPUD

I saw the future Intel's written all over it