Sign in with
Your question

Transfer from xp to win 7

Last response: in Windows 7
January 10, 2013 10:46:33 AM

Hello,
I have a new laptop on win 7 and want to transfer from xp. Whats the easiest way to do this please?

More about : transfer win

January 10, 2013 11:14:33 AM

transfer what?
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 10, 2013 11:16:56 AM

save your data onto a flashdrive or burn a cd and then open it in win 7?
Related resources
a b D Laptop
January 10, 2013 11:48:19 AM

If you have a network you can transfer using that. What's your setup?
January 10, 2013 12:06:56 PM

I want to transfer everything from one laptop to another. What do you mean when you ask whats your setup please?
a b D Laptop
January 10, 2013 12:24:04 PM

Do you have internet with a router? If so and you can connect the laptops with ethernet or wifi, you can transfer files over the internet. Windows 7 has a file transfer wizard you can use. Both laptops must be in the same workgroup for this to work. Click the Start button, right click the My Computer or Computer and choose properties. That will show you the name and workgroup of the computers. Change one of the workgroups so it matches the other and reboot. Then run the Windows Easy Transfer wizard on the windows 7 machine. Select network and follow the instructions.
January 10, 2013 12:31:27 PM

zdbc13 said:
Do you have internet with a router? If so and you can connect the laptops with ethernet or wifi, you can transfer files over the internet. Windows 7 has a file transfer wizard you can use. Both laptops must be in the same workgroup for this to work. Click the Start button, right click the My Computer or Computer and choose properties. That will show you the name and workgroup of the computers. Change one of the workgroups so it matches the other and reboot. Then run the Windows Easy Transfer wizard on the windows 7 machine. Select network and follow the instructions.

Thanks I will give that a try :D 
!