[Crawl] Grey Elf Wizard, L24 (update)

Just cleared the Vault and got my 3th rune! :)
Some new questions/comments between the dump...

#........#.#....##......#########
#........#)#....###..........I.IZ
'......ZB#.#....###.)............
##########.##...[)))##...........
#..........)#.......#############
##########...))[...[#############
......)...##..)<[[.[).)...........
...........)).))[<.)..............
............)..<<@................
...............[.....).......)....
########..........)#[###.########
#.#.#)#.#.)...)...[..............
..#.#.#.#.#)[).....)..............
#.#.#.#)#)#))...#................
..#.#.#.#.#.#.............).......
#.#.#.#.#)##....#...)......).....
..#.#}#.#.#)#....#................

Genarro the Annihilator (Grey Elf)
(Level 24 Wizard)

Play time: 1 day, 09:30:19 Number of turns: 118968

Experience : 24/826569
Strength 10 Dexterity 24 Intelligence 26
Hit Points : 100 Magic Points : 51
AC : 25 Evasion : 19 Shield : 0
^^
// AC currently boosted by Ozocubu's Armour

GP : 2912

You are in the Vaults.
You worship Vehumet.
Vehumet is exalted by your worship.
You are not hungry.

Inventory:
Hand weapons
d - a +8,+9 quarterstaff of crushing

// even Grey Elf Wizards need some sports sometimes! ;-)

o - an uncursed glowing dagger of protection
Armour
p - a +2 pair of elven boots (worn)
t - the +3 wizard's hat of Ygutydekik (worn)
It protects you from fire.
It protects you from magic.
It lets you blink.

// found on Vault 8, in the large NE chamber. Finally a decent hat! Best
// of it: blink, so i could abandon this spell

x - a +0 pair of gloves of strength (worn)
Q - the +3 animal skin "Udusuryhuq" (worn)
It insulates you from electricity.
It lets you levitate.

Magical devices
l - a wand of teleportation (5)
r - a wand of digging (6)
C - a wand of disintegration (6)
H - a wand of fireball (5)
J - a wand of draining (2)
M - a wand of healing (3)
O - a wand of enslavement (6)
R - a wand of fire (5)
Comestibles
e - 2 bread rations
K - 5 royal jellies
Scrolls
f - 4 scrolls of teleportation
n - 2 scrolls of blinking
A - 3 scrolls of recharging
B - 2 scrolls of fear
F - a scroll of remove curse
Jewellery

// Now some quite impressive stuff, and probably the reason why he made
// it thus far:

g - an uncursed ring of teleportation
i - the amulet of Integrity (around neck)
This amulet allows its wearer to consume meat in various states of decay
without suffering unduly as a result. Poisonous or cursed flesh is still
not recommended.
It affects your dexterity (+3).
It insulates you from electricity.
It protects you from poison.

// What could you wish more from an amulet? :)

j - the ring "Sevyn Gi" (left hand)
This ring increases its wearer's reserves of magical power.
It protects you from fire.
It protects you from cold.
It makes you much more stealthy.

// Not as useless as a common Ring of Power!

m - the ring of B F Ryx Foneby
This ring allows its wearer to control the destination of any
teleportation, although without perfect accuracy. Trying to teleport into
a solid object will result in a random teleportation, at least in the case
of a normal teleportation. Also be wary that controlled teleports will
contaminate the subject with residual magical energy.
It affects your AC (-2).
It affects your evasion (+3).
It partially protects you from negative energy.

// lots of yadda, yadda, but still: teleport control!

s - an uncursed bronze ring
u - an uncursed amulet of resist corrosion
v - an amulet of controlled flight
z - an amulet of clarity
I - the ring of Oj Lybewyd (right hand)
This ring allows its wearer to see those things hidden from view by magic.
It affects your AC (+4).
It affects your evasion (+6).
It affects your intelligence (+1).
It protects you from fire.
It protects you from cold.

// Any more questions? ;-)

L - an amulet of resist slowing
P - an uncursed runed ring
X - the ring of Qoq Qucysuq Si
This ring increases or decreases the physical strength of its wearer, to a
degree dependent on its power.
It affects your strength (+3).
It affects your evasion (+4).

// Both unID'd rings are from the Vault 8. Promising...

Potions
h - 3 potions of invisibility
q - 8 potions of healing
D - 3 potions of heal wounds
E - a potion of speed
Magical staves
a - a staff of cold
b - a staff of earth (weapon)

// I'm still hoping to find a staff of conjuration sometimes, but no
// luck yet. Not that there are too less staves around: I think I've
// found about 30 staves already!

c - a rod of discovery

// Very Nice! Also new from Vault 8, found in the 'rune-chamber'.

Miscellaneous
W - a silver rune

// Rune Nr.3
// I want some more this time!

You have 16 experience left.

Skills:
- Level 1 Short Blades
+ Level 4 Staves

// it's at 4(0), I want Level 5 at least. As I already mentioned, this
// wizard has some strange hobbies...

- Level 7 Dodging
- Level 7 Stealth
+ Level 16 Spellcasting
* Level 27 Conjurations

// Can I be sure that no spell points are going into it anymore or do I
// have to 'mute' this nevertheless?

- Level 9 Enchantments
+ Level 5 Summonings
- Level 1 Transmigration
- Level 3 Divinations
+ Level 19 Ice Magic
- Level 6 Air Magic

// What a waste! Before I entered Vault 8, I abandoned my last Air spell
// (Deflect Missiles) and almost got the bill for that in form of a
// crossfire from 2 yaktaur captains (I wasn't careful enough). But this
// already was the only closed moment here, Crystal Spear was more than
// compensation for the missing defense.

+ Level 2 Earth Magic
+ Level 3 Evocations

You cannot memorise any spells.
You know the following spells:

Your Spells Type Success Level
a - Lehudib's Crystal Spear Earth/Conjuration Great 8

// Even with Earth Magic at Level 2 it's Great (thanks to the staff of
// earth)! How could I live without it? The best protection against
// unfriendly and nasty monsters are dead unfriendly and nasty monsters!

b - Bolt of Iron Earth/Conjuration Excellent 6

// Even this one, compared to Lightning Bolt, seems like a spell from
// another world.

c - Ice Storm Ice/Conjuration Good 9
d - Selective Amnesia Enchantment Excellent 3

// I know how this spell works, but I don't understand it's description!
// From what it says, at first I thought I could learn this spell even
// without any (or less than 3) spell levels left, which obviously is
// not the case. But what is then meant by it's description?

e - Ozocubu's Armour Ice/Enchantment Excellent 3
f - Freezing Cloud Ice/Air/Conjuration Cruddy 7

// Temporary side-effect from wielding the staff of earth ^^^^^^
// (or better: from not wielding the staff of ice)

g - Summon Ice Beast Ice/Summoning Excellent 5
h - Detect Creatures Divination Great 2
i - Bolt of Cold Ice/Conjuration Perfect 5
l - Iskenderun's Mystic Blast Conjuration Perfect 4
m - Call Imp Summoning Great 3

Those spells surely aren't the final setup, but for now it works quite
well.

Rubinstein

In article <ctodke$d41$05$1@news.t-online.com>,
Rubinstein <picommander@t-online.de> wrote:
> * Level 27 Conjurations
>
>// Can I be sure that no spell points are going into it anymore or do I
>// have to 'mute' this nevertheless?

No xp will go into it.

> d - Selective Amnesia Enchantment Excellent 3
>
>// I know how this spell works, but I don't understand it's description!
>// From what it says, at first I thought I could learn this spell even
>// without any (or less than 3) spell levels left, which obviously is
>// not the case. But what is then meant by it's description?

There's a hardcoded maximum number of spells you can learn (which is
actually very difficult to reach). Selective Amnesia can be learnt even
if you've reached that maximum. In all cases you still need 3 spell
levels available.

--
Mark Mackey http://www.swallowtail.org/
code code code code code code code code code code code code code bug code co