My dell burned up! We know what they run.

jeffg007

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well it was confirmed, that my work pc a dell, the intel cpu 667eb has bit the dust. At first sight my windows 2000 was stuck at a blue and could not boot. It could not find ntoskrl.exe or something like that. It told me to try and use windows 2000 to repair it. Still would not work. So I reformatted the hard drive and started to install. As it installed it locked up. At first it seemed like the hard drive was bad. So we called the hardware guys here at work and had them take a look at it. He tried to connect stuff to the motherboard and could not get any thing to work. So then he ordered a new mother board.

Next day he is ready to put in the mother board and could not get anything to work. We went to anther pc and popped out the cpu in it and installed in my pc. Guess what? it worked!

That leaves me with some questions as to why the cpu burned? Was it dells fault for not Designing the pc better such as enough cooling(gx110)? We also noticed that it used the pad on the heat sink not epoxy. Was it the lack of epoxy? Or is it just that intel cpu's can't handle seti in windows 2000 meaning to much stress for the cpu?

jeff