[Crawl] Killed by sheep!

7137 Grue the Cleaver (level 10, -2/85 HPs)
Began as a Mountain Dwarf Gladiator on Feb 4, 2005.
Was a Priest of Okawaru.
Slain by a sheep (8 damage)
... on Lair Level 2.
The game lasted 02:04:31 (12281 turns).

Damn, these sheep are overpowered! Got in the middle of war dog and
sheep horde and thinking that sheep are pushovers went to them. But they
were very angry and ate my poor char. Whoever made sheep deal that much
damage must've been crazy!

--
|a\o/r|,-------------.,---------- Timofei Shatrov aka Grue ------------.
| m"a ||FC AMKAR PERM|| mail: grue at mail.ru http://grue3.tripod.com |
| k || PWNZ J00 || KoL:Grue3 NationStates:Holypunkeye |
`-----'`-------------'`-------------------------------------------[4*72]

bork bork bork Timofei Shatrov bork 12:20:38 PM bork 2/4/2005 bork bork:

> 7137 Grue the Cleaver (level 10, -2/85 HPs)
> Began as a Mountain Dwarf Gladiator on Feb 4, 2005.
> Was a Priest of Okawaru.
> Slain by a sheep (8 damage)
> ... on Lair Level 2.
> The game lasted 02:04:31 (12281 turns).
>

> Damn, these sheep are overpowered! Got in the middle of war dog and
> sheep horde and thinking that sheep are pushovers went to them. But they
> were very angry and ate my poor char. Whoever made sheep deal that much
> damage must've been crazy!

My condolences!

Fighting in the middle of any reasonable-strength horde is asking for trouble
(if there's an alternative... on an open level, it's pretty hard not to end
up in the middle of the horde if you're doing melee). Retreating to a
corridor before the start of the battle might be a bit tedious, but so is
restarting. :)

If it's an open level, keep in mind that sheep (IIRC) have the same movement
speed as the player, so if you're a combat wombat, first kill off anything
that's faster than you, then run to the nearest staircase that leads to a
cleared level.

Personally, if I were to be a sheep stuck in a dungeon among Death Yaks and
Blink Frogs, I'd be pretty murderous too. Fortunately, the likelihood that
this will ever happen to me is infinitessimal.

Erik

Timofei Shatrov wrote:

> Damn, these sheep are overpowered!

I also was shocked the first time I met one! But they still share
stupidness and edibility with the 'real' ones. ;-)

> Whoever made sheep deal that much damage must've been crazy!

Or must have had a nightmare.
That's why I never count sheep before falling asleep! *g*

Rubinstein

Timofei Shatrov wrote:
> 7137 Grue the Cleaver (level 10, -2/85 HPs)
> Began as a Mountain Dwarf Gladiator on Feb 4, 2005.
> Was a Priest of Okawaru.
> Slain by a sheep (8 damage)
> ... on Lair Level 2.
> The game lasted 02:04:31 (12281 turns).
>

> Damn, these sheep are overpowered! Got in the middle of war dog and
> sheep horde and thinking that sheep are pushovers went to them. But
> they were very angry and ate my poor char. Whoever made sheep deal
> that much damage must've been crazy!

I think it was The Sheep who implemented them ;-)
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Dnia Fri, 04 Feb 2005 11:20:38 GMT, Timofei Shatrov napisa³(a):
> 7137 Grue the Cleaver (level 10, -2/85 HPs)
> Began as a Mountain Dwarf Gladiator on Feb 4, 2005.
> Was a Priest of Okawaru.
> Slain by a sheep (8 damage)
> ... on Lair Level 2.
> The game lasted 02:04:31 (12281 turns).

What a sad news...
I knew Grue since he was very young...
Some people say mean words about him: he was a brutal gladiator, killed
many people in the ring, fighting was his only passion...

We were friends so long, that I feel obliged to tell the truth about him.
Did he choose the path of killing for money? For fame? No.
He became gladiator to cure his sensitive soul. Living with parents in a
small village, he fell in love. Unfortunately the girls used him as a toy
to deal with her ex-boyfriend... Many times after that I saw him with
harder stuff than just a Potion of Booze...
When he decided to become gladiator I was shocked! He? I just didn't
belive.
Then I understood. He tried to forget, start a new life. And he succeed.

Rest in peace Grue... :( [']

Damn sheeps!

regards,
Jakub
--
"We're just toys in the hands of Xom"
xenocide.e-plan.pl - SF roguelike in development