[DoomRL] Poll results and decisions

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development,rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

Ok, time to close the Poll. I must admit that I cheated a little -- some
decisions were made already ;-). Here are the results and my
comments/decisions on them (keeping with the roguelike Poll-style ;-) (Y -
yes, N - no, O - no opinion

1. Remove Assault Shotgun.
Y ##########
N #######
O ####
This shotgun issue gives me an headache. I realy don't know what to do about
it :-D

2. Combat Knife instead of the Axe
Y #########
N ####
O ##########
I already changed it, case closed ;-).

3. The new Shotgun implementation
Y ############
N ######
O ##
As I already told, the Shotgun affair gives me an headache. I realy am
confised now :-D

4. New Weapon : Railgun
Y ############
N ########
O #

5. New Weapon : Lightning Gun
Y #########
N #########
O ###

6. New Weapon : Submachine gun
Y ##########
N #####
O ######

7. New Weapon : BFG10k (hard to find)
Y ##########
N #######
O ####

Collectively people seem to want new guns :). It seems as a conflict
between the Doom-puritans and power-players :-D. I think I will add another
weapon of two to the game. But some of the arguments are valid -- Railgun is
far to high-tech for Doom, and Lighting gun didn't recieve much support.
Submachine gun on the other hand is an idea I don't like. BFG10k *may*
appear as a secret weapon. But the weapon I'm pondering about right now is a
flamer :-D. Seems doomish to me, to fry those hellish bastards :D

8. New Dodge system
Y ############
N ###
O ######

9. "Bullet time" dodge system
Y ####
N #############
O ######

Well, then it's decided ;-). I'm eager to try out the new system anyway ;-).

10. Proposed difficulty level system
Y ####
N ############
O #####

11. Standard Doomish difficulty level system
Y ############
N #####
O ####

Well, I also am now biased towads the standard system. But I think only the
two beginning levels will be unlocked at the beginning - "Standard" and
"Easy".

12. Single-fire mode for the chaingun
Y ###
N #################
O #
If anyone brings this subject up again, I'm going to send Arachnotrons after
him ;-D

13. More realism
Y ##
N ###############
O ####
As above ;-).

14. Keep limited inventory
Y ###############
N ##
O ####
As above :-D

And at last, good news for Linux users -- DoomRL compiled on Linux ;-D.
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development,rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

Kornel Kisielewicz <kisielewicz@gazeta.pl> wrote:
[ ... ]
> And at last, good news for Linux users -- DoomRL compiled on Linux ;-D.

Release, please? :)

Cheers, Gero

--
Gero Kunter (gero.kunter@epost.de)

Loonie

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2001
Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development,rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

Kornel Kisielewicz .-- .-. --- - . ---...

> 1. Remove Assault Shotgun.
> Y ##########
> N #######
> O ####
> This shotgun issue gives me an headache. I realy don't know what to do about
> it :-D

It rather simple, you have now standard double barelled shotgun (shooting
once double or twice single if you want) and you change the other to pump
action shotgun (with a little short magazine however - the shells are
usually under the barrel, so there may be at least five of them, as they
are rather short) with 'r' acting primarily as pump another shell into the
barrel if there isn't any or put another shell into the magazine if there
is a shell inside the barrel. I'm not sure about the realism of this
operation but at least the guns are similar to existing ones.

> 11. Standard Doomish difficulty level system
> Y ############
> N #####
> O ####
> Well, I also am now biased towads the standard system. But I think only the
> two beginning levels will be unlocked at the beginning - "Standard" and
> "Easy".

Seems nice to me.

> 13. More realism
> Y ##
> O ####
> As above ;-).

Define it as you like, realism is inevitable. :)

--
Loonie