I'm stuck trying to pick what best price/value LCD monitor I can get for under $200 to be used with my new Radeon HD 7870 graphics card. Mainly used to shine on gaming/get the most out of my new card, then movies, then coding. (My build post.)
- Best reliability/warranty
- LED-backlighting (for lower power consumption, less eyestrain)
- Full HD 1920x1080 (I don't want 1920x1200--it's uncommon and don't want to lose horizontal view on games/black bars on movies; don't mind losing vertical view for coding/browsing.)
- Sharpest/most realistic image I can get out of the monitor (for example, the most PPI, contrast, etc. like in an iPhone 4/S screen.)
- 20 inch and above.
Almost must have:
- Acceptable input lag/response time for competitive FPS (under 8ms GTG?).
- IPS Panel for better viewing angles (but if there's a TN panel with much more better value, then TN will be fine).
- At least includes 1 DVI or HDMI cable to plug into the GFX card.
Great to have:
- Glossy finish for sharper/less-dull image?
- Bigger, the better (23-24 inch+?)
- High refresh rate, but minimum 60Hz for 60FPS?
- Lowest power consumption.
- Built-in speakers.
- Don't care about outer looks and at least should be able to stay still with the provided/expected stand (little wobbly is fine).
Basically, most important things I'm looking for in the monitor are to get the best eye candy for the best price AND best reliability/warranty; functions 2nd; outer aesthetics last.