Hello all, ive been looking for a laptop for a few weeks, hoping January would bring sales but to no avail. ive used the suggested template. any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks a million.
What is your budget?
about 500 pounds sterling.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
17 inch would be preferable.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
as high as possible, but more interested in a good value , balanced machine.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need? 3-4 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
the only game i would want to play is diablo 3 ,on highest settings. I dont know if that will be possible at this price range, but blizzard often have very low specifications.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Music making. (sound card is not important) but ram is essential, as is connectivity via usb.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
13. What country do you live in?
I know my requirements may be unrealistic at this price range, but if any balanced product is available that could reach an even compromise across the board it would be great. Im not sure spending much more is wise on a laptop, as its not upgradeable/ poor value for money etcetc.
I'll have to agree with the previous poster in reference to 17" laptops being a semi-portable desktop replacement. Most 17" gaming laptops are going to be heavier and provide less than steller battery life. Most of these machines will be "permaplug" so to speak. However there are mobile GPU/ graphix cards that will allow you to play on high settings. I have an asus G72 gaming laptop and I play WoW and DaO on high with AA maxed on both. It has a 1GB GeForce GTX 260M. I would recommend looking into the Asus G series of laptops because they are made for gaming.