Tile crawl 069 bug - iso mode does not work

And it's easy to see why
grep the patch file for "iso_mode"
(init.txt file parsing)

+ else if (key == "use_qv_mode" )
+ {
+ Options.use_qv_mode = read_bool( field, Options.use_qv_mode );
+ }
+
+ else if (key == "use_iso_mode" )
+ {
+ Options.use_qv_mode = read_bool( field, Options.use_qv_mode );
+ }
+

Greetings,
sw
2 answers Last reply
More about tile crawl mode work
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    sw@despammed.com wrote in message news:<cv7pp3$vnd$1@news1.uni-leipzig.de>...
    > And it's easy to see why
    > grep the patch file for "iso_mode"
    > (init.txt file parsing)
    > + else if (key == "use_qv_mode" )
    > + {
    > + Options.use_qv_mode = read_bool( field, Options.use_qv_mode );
    > + }
    > +
    > + else if (key == "use_iso_mode" )
    > + {
    > + Options.use_qv_mode = read_bool( field, Options.use_qv_mode );
    > + }
    > +

    Thank you for your info. Lemme explain:
    Some ten years ago, some Japanese consumer console game manufacturer
    somehow invented a word "Quater View" for a game which uses 2.5D
    iso-display. Since then, Japanese game players have been using this
    word. I also carelessly used this word in the code and later realized
    that this is not the right word. So in the English version the
    word "iso_mode" is used in init.txt but internally it is the same as qv_mode.

    --
    M.Itakura
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    >So in the English version the
    >word "iso_mode" is used in init.txt but internally it is the same as qv_mode.

    Ah. In my init.txt I had:

    use_iso_mode = true

    use_qv_mode = false

    No wonder it didnt work. Guess I was a lil' bit confused.
    Anyway, nice game, thanx.

    Greetings,
    sw

ISO Games Bug Video Games