Will running my bus at 118 do any damage ?????

G

Duron 800
128-pc133
gigabyte 7zm

I can only overclock using BUS speed
so i can get 118 MHz stable with this board
and..
i wanted to know i usually do it when i am running something harsh or whatever
but will contstant running this do damage to system components or no?
I mean if its a big risk i wont
but.. since i can only overclock using BUS Speed
and not the multiplier i wanna know the risks

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Pushing the FSB overclocks everything and that generates more heat. If you have a Duron, you can pencil the L1 bridges allowing you to set the multiplier to overclock - then just the CPU is at risk (assuming your Gigabyte board has multiplier settings).

Some will say the added heat shortens component life... I don't think I've ever kept a component long enough to worry about that! If it's stable, I say "Go for it!"

Scout

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you must obey all traffic laws and local posted speed limits, at 118, if you miss a turn you might run-off a cliff or crash into river.

And above all else pls make sure wusy and griz get home in one piece, so make sure no kids are sleeping in the back of your bus when you turn it in.

"Amd cpu...Gone in 2 secs flat, it truly is a fast chip!"

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
I dont recommend over clocking period. if the equipment was designed for it it would already be that way if you take a computer investment seriously (as we all do) you wouldnt want to shorten the life span of any of yer components plus if it goes from doing it say good by to warrenty just some advice friendly neighborhood blue man:)

SPUD

I saw the future it gave me a big intel hug :)

G

Why would i want to go lower to 115?

i want 133 lol
i want higher