[DoomRL] Level creation bug with switches

In my latest game i found a switch burried in a wall. I could see it,
however, i could not reach it; i presume the wall tile was still there.

Oddly, this happened on one of those "lair" type rooms. You know, the
ones with all the blood, demons, and items inside of it? the switch was
on the *inner* wall, the wall that seperates the bloody section from
the outter, hallway-like section.
6 answers Last reply
More about doomrl level creation switches
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    > BTW any new ideas for switches?
    I dont think anything more can be done with switches, but to implement
    specific switches which open and close specific invulnerable doorways
    (which also presumes invulnerable walls) in a way acting like a
    keycard... Yellow switch to Yellow door, Blue switch to Blue door, etc.

    Anything else would probably be redundant in some way, as far as i see
    it.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Uzytkownik wrote:
    > In my latest game i found a switch burried in a wall. I could see it,
    > however, i could not reach it; i presume the wall tile was still
    > there.
    > Oddly, this happened on one of those "lair" type rooms. You know, the
    > ones with all the blood, demons, and items inside of it? the switch
    > was on the *inner* wall, the wall that seperates the bloody section
    > from the outter, hallway-like section.

    Ok, a bug, I'll see to it. BTW any new ideas for switches?
    --
    At your service,
    Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl)

    Uzytkownik wrote:
    >> BTW any new ideas for switches?
    > I dont think anything more can be done with switches, but to implement
    > specific switches which open and close specific invulnerable doorways
    > (which also presumes invulnerable walls) in a way acting like a
    > keycard... Yellow switch to Yellow door, Blue switch to Blue door,
    > etc.

    Maybe.

    > Anything else would probably be redundant in some way, as far as i see
    > it.

    I have a few ideas of my own ;-)
    --
    At your service,
    Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl)
    "Invalid thought detected. Close all mental processes and restart body."
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Argh.

    Played another game and AGAIN it produced the "spawned switch in wall"
    bug, but this time for a room filled with acid (from level-generation)
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:

    <snip>

    > Ok, a bug, I'll see to it. BTW any new ideas for switches?

    Yes, what about "fixed" switches that make impassable areas (lava/poison
    rivers) passable, via a bridge or a teleport that yanks a character
    across the obstacle?

    Chris "BlackFurredBeast" Pohl
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Uzytkownik wrote:
    > Argh.
    >
    > Played another game and AGAIN it produced the "spawned switch in wall"
    > bug, but this time for a room filled with acid (from level-generation)

    At least it doesn't produce closed levels and acid over the edge of map :-D
    --
    At your service,
    Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl)
    "Oh come on. We both know the truth about this game -- vapourware." --
    Anathiel about GenRogue

Switch Games Bug Video Games