Sign in with
Your question

How to install windows 7 after formatting hard drive

Last response: in Windows 7
January 10, 2013 4:10:12 PM

I had Genuine windows 7. But while trying to partition my C drive error occurred and i had to completely format my hard disk. Now how can I re install my windows 7 or regain it back as before??
a b $ Windows 7
January 10, 2013 4:31:41 PM

Yes, just boot from the installer disk and after installation if you have a problem with authentication of your key, call Microsoft. They are understanding and have never given me any problem with the authentication.
m
l
January 10, 2013 4:37:15 PM

I just did a reinstall with my win 7 pro disc after my 80gb hard drive was failing...onto a 250gb one and used the same product key. It activated no problem without having to contact Microsoft. So I say "go for it". Sucks to have a partitioning error. Good luck.
m
l
Related resources
January 11, 2013 1:51:23 PM

I have tried this, but when starting up, windows says BOOTMGR is missing. What do I do about this?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 11, 2013 1:56:07 PM

Eugene51_21 said:
I have tried this, but when starting up, windows says BOOTMGR is missing. What do I do about this?
Start you own thread and you are far more likely to get an answer to your problem -- include details of what you have done so far and the specific problem. Very few folks will see this post at the end of another thread.
m
l
!