How to install windows 7 after formatting hard drive

I had Genuine windows 7. But while trying to partition my C drive error occurred and i had to completely format my hard disk. Now how can I re install my windows 7 or regain it back as before??
4 answers Last reply
More about install windows formatting hard drive
  1. Yes, just boot from the installer disk and after installation if you have a problem with authentication of your key, call Microsoft. They are understanding and have never given me any problem with the authentication.
  2. I just did a reinstall with my win 7 pro disc after my 80gb hard drive was failing...onto a 250gb one and used the same product key. It activated no problem without having to contact Microsoft. So I say "go for it". Sucks to have a partitioning error. Good luck.
  3. I have tried this, but when starting up, windows says BOOTMGR is missing. What do I do about this?
  4. Eugene51_21 said:
    I have tried this, but when starting up, windows says BOOTMGR is missing. What do I do about this?
    Start you own thread and you are far more likely to get an answer to your problem -- include details of what you have done so far and the specific problem. Very few folks will see this post at the end of another thread.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Formatting Hard Drives