Noise Control Silverado! Oo lala

Tempus

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2001
I desperatly want a Silverado form Noise Control. No sites I looked at are selling it, and I can't seem to find Noise Control's Site. Anyone know their adress, or someplace I can purchase one. Ooooo! 50g of pure silver and a Db reading of 38! I WANT ONE NOW!

- I don't write Tom's Hardware Guide, I just preach it"

G

so this is a PURE SILVER HSF??? and what the FAN rated at?, someone say 38db, what cfm? is there any site that has a review on this product?

G

Umm... do you ever read Tomshardware? coz... the main heading for about 2 weeks almost i think, was a big heading called Lord Kryo's Review... Go find that, and you'll find yer review of the Silverado.

It's still on the main page, about half way down i think...
Have fun, loads to read but it's all awesome stuff...

If you wanna see more reviews, checkout hardocp.com and i THINK it's Kryo.com

<b><font color=blue>Note to self: Never buy <i>anything</i> without checking with <font color=red>Tom</font color=red> first...

G

It's not made entirely with Silver dummy.. Just the base of the Heatsink. Do you know how much Silver cost!?!?!?!

Read on on Toms on Lord Kyro

G

the silverado, look like a CHEAPo HEATSINK off AMD lower clock speed Retail HEATSINK. only the Silver coin type on the bottom is worth to get teh SINK.

with that in mind, you can problably try to get like a good HSF (Thermoengine or Taisol,.... that range) and look around for a Pure Silver thin plate. LAP it, lap the HSF. Do some artic silver adhesive compound on the SILVER PLATE and HSF. WAAALaaaaaa! super effiecient HSF.

G

I got the ThermoEngine and it's nothing to write home about, my Duron 800@900 is running at 49C fairly idle, just ICQ and a few (9) IE windows open... That's not brilliant, but the room temp is pretty high (about 30C i'd say) so i guess i can't put it down... Using the stock fan and TIM it's got that temp so when i put the arctic silver II and the Delta 7k fan on i will be looking forward to extremely good temps don't ya think???

The silver plate thing sounds fun, but i wouldn't recommend it if you're using a ThermoEngine, you're likely to crush the core, seriously, the clips put 19Pounds of pressure on the core, and that, take it from me, is scary to install... i was so sure i had done something wrong... it fits absolutely perfectly...
amazing job they've done designing it

<b><font color=blue>Note to self: Never buy <i>anything</i> without checking with <font color=red>Tom</font color=red> first...