[DoomRL]More YADC goodness

A perfectionist YASD, all special levels visited. Good job on balancing
the weapons - I used almost all of them at some period of time. Had a
few close calls, such as in Spiders' Lair with 2% hp (ouch!) or in the
Wall when I phased _behind_ the barons - that was nasty! Cyberdemon is
now easily defeatable with BFG.

DoomRL (v.0.9.7 (WIN)) roguelike post-mortem character dump

Grue, level 6 soldier, defeated the Cyberdeamon
on level 20 of the Phobos base.
He survived 57253 turns and scored 29724 points.
He found the Phobos Arena.
He stormed the Chained Court.
He ventured into the Halls of Carnage.
He fought on Hell's Arena.
He invaded Spider's lair.
He witnessed the City of Skulls.
He faced The Wall.
>7/7!
-- Statistics ------------------------------------------------

Health 89/60 Experience 23079/6
ToHit +0 ToDmg Ranged +2 ToDmg Melee +2

-- Traits ----------------------------------------------------

Ironman (Level 1)
Hellrunner (Level 1)
Tough as nails (Level 2)
Son of a bitch (Level 2)

-- Equipment -------------------------------------------------

[a] [ Armor ] blue armor [2/2] (99%)
[ Weapon ] BFG 9000 (8d8) [60/100]
[c] [ Boots ] plasteel boots [8/8] (95%)

-- Inventory -------------------------------------------------

[a] green armor [1/1] (100%)
chainsaw (4d6)
[c] double shotgun (6d3)x2 [2/2]
>used often, powerful at close range
[d] advanced rocket launcher (4d5) [1/1]
>the best weapon at long range, but destroys good stuff too often
[e] plasma rifle (1d8)x8 [32/40]
>replaced chaingun, which I rarely used, but rifle is way better
[f] combat shotgun (6d3) [5/5]
>never used after I got double. It's quite confusing weapon which can be bad
>in the middle of the battle
[g] shotgun shell (x38)
[h] shotgun shell (x50)
rocket (x10)
[j] rocket (x3)
[k] power cell (x40)
[l] power cell (x50)
[m] thermonuclear bomb
[n] phase device
[o] large med-pack
>had a huge stack of med-packs but most came to use on later levels
[p] phase device

-- Kills -----------------------------------------------------

45 former humans
30 former human sergeants
14 former human captains
20 imps
30 demons
72 lost souls
12 cacodemons
10 barons of hell
1 Cyberdemon
17 hell knights
11 arachnotrons
6 former human commanders

-- General ---------------------------------------------------

He's the first brave soul to have ventured into Hell...

|a\o/r|,-------------.,---------- Timofei Shatrov aka Grue ------------.
| m"a ||FC AMKAR PERM|| mail: grue at mail.ru http://grue3.tripod.com |
| k || PWNZ J00 || KoL:Grue3 NationStates:Holypunkeye |
`-----'`-------------'`-------------------------------------------[4*72]

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:42:08 GMT, grue@mail.ru (Timofei Shatrov) tried
to confuse everyone with this message:

>A perfectionist YAVP, all special levels visited. Good job on balancing

Almost opposite to that YAVP, this character missed almost all special
levels and run out of all ammo towards the end. Killing CD with double
shotgun was quite tedious, although I made some shots with BFG&RL
beforehand.

Also small bugs:
*Medpacks change color when both small and large are in LOS.
*Doors opened are visible when out of LOS.

DoomRL (v.0.9.7 (WIN)) roguelike post-mortem character dump

Grue, level 6 soldier, defeated the Cyberdeamon
on level 20 of the Phobos base.
He survived 51880 turns and scored 29034 points.
He found the Phobos Arena.
He ventured into the Halls of Carnage.
He fought on Hell's Arena.
He faced The Wall.

>I noticed that both characters missed Hell's Armory. Is it gone, or I'm just unlucky?

-- Statistics ------------------------------------------------

Health 69/70 Experience 23197/6
ToHit +0 ToDmg Ranged +1 ToDmg Melee +1

-- Traits ----------------------------------------------------

Ironman (Level 2)
Tough as nails (Level 2)
Son of a bitch (Level 1)
Cateye (Level 1)

-- Equipment -------------------------------------------------

[a] [ Armor ] blue armor [2/2] (81%)
[ Weapon ] double shotgun (6d3)x2 [0/2]
[c] [ Boots ] plasteel boots [8/8] (94%)

-- Inventory -------------------------------------------------

[a] blue armor [0/2] (1%)
blue armor [2/2] (100%)
[c] advanced rocket launcher (4d5) [0/1]
[d] plasma rifle (1d8)x8 [34/40]
[e] BFG 9000 (8d8) [0/100]
[f] extended combat shotgun (6d3) [8/8]
[g] shotgun shell (x32)
>D'oh!
[h] thermonuclear bomb
large med-pack
[j] large med-pack
[k] large med-pack

-- Kills -----------------------------------------------------

25 former humans
34 former human sergeants
18 former human captains
28 imps
42 demons
30 lost souls
27 cacodemons
13 barons of hell
1 Cyberdemon
13 hell knights
10 arachnotrons
4 former human commanders

-- General ---------------------------------------------------

Before him 1 brave souls have ventured into Phobos:

Some rumours though, say that the Cyberdeamon was killed already!
Is he immortal? 1 souls claim to have killed him...
1 killed the bastard and survived.
>100% record, that! :) Not counting that crash ;).

|a\o/r|,-------------.,---------- Timofei Shatrov aka Grue ------------.
| m"a ||FC AMKAR PERM|| mail: grue at mail.ru http://grue3.tripod.com |
| k || PWNZ J00 || KoL:Grue3 NationStates:Holypunkeye |
`-----'`-------------'`-------------------------------------------[4*72]

I've played twice; once I got to the Wall, but I must have missed
something- For me, the wall was just an empty half level room, with a
few blood spatters; I didn't see any levers; shooting the wall didn't
do anything. I just went downstairs.

In article <1110303402.860204.35480@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
<jasonnorthrup@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I've played twice; once I got to the Wall, but I must have missed
>something- For me, the wall was just an empty half level room, with a
>few blood spatters; I didn't see any levers; shooting the wall didn't
>do anything. I just went downstairs.

Try using a rocket launcher on the wall, or using a phase device.

--
Mark Mackey http://www.swallowtail.org/
code code code code code code code code code code code code code bug code co

aah; ok. didn't have one. guess it's a good thing the monster's
couldn't get to me.

Timofei Shatrov wrote:
> A perfectionist YASD, all special levels visited.

Duh, congratulations :-DD

> Good job on
> balancing the weapons - I used almost all of them at some period of
> time.

:)

> Had a few close calls, such as in Spiders' Lair with 2% hp
> (ouch!)

Talk about luck ;-). The RNG was watching you ;-D

> or in the Wall when I phased _behind_ the barons - that was
> nasty!

Well phasing the Wall level is a choice.. but sometimes dangerous ;-).

> Cyberdemon is now easily defeatable with BFG.

I know, i know, i know ;-)

> Grue, level 6 soldier, defeated the Cyberdeamon
> on level 20 of the Phobos base.
> He survived 57253 turns and scored 29724 points.
> He found the Phobos Arena.
> He stormed the Chained Court.
> He ventured into the Halls of Carnage.
> He fought on Hell's Arena.
> He invaded Spider's lair.
> He witnessed the City of Skulls.
> He faced The Wall.
>> 7/7!

Good, that he wasn't eaten by a Gure -- he was Doomed, and it was dark in
here ;-).

> [a] green armor [1/1] (100%)
> chainsaw (4d6)
> [c] double shotgun (6d3)x2 [2/2]
>> used often, powerful at close range

True...

> [d] advanced rocket launcher (4d5) [1/1]
>> the best weapon at long range, but destroys good stuff too often

Something for something :)

> [e] plasma rifle (1d8)x8 [32/40]
>> replaced chaingun, which I rarely used, but rifle is way better

But ammo is more rare.

> [f] combat shotgun (6d3) [5/5]
>> never used after I got double. It's quite confusing weapon which can
>> be bad in the middle of the battle

Many people think otherwise, so I guess it's a matter of taste -- a few
posts above someone argued about "who uses double shotgun anyway?"

--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl)

Timofei Shatrov wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:42:08 GMT, grue@mail.ru (Timofei Shatrov) tried
> to confuse everyone with this message:
>
>> A perfectionist YAVP, all special levels visited. Good job on
>> balancing
>
> Almost opposite to that YAVP, this character missed almost all special
> levels and run out of all ammo towards the end. Killing CD with double
> shotgun was quite tedious, although I made some shots with BFG&RL
> beforehand.
>
> Also small bugs:
> *Medpacks change color when both small and large are in LOS.

???

> *Doors opened are visible when out of LOS.

You mean opened by monsters? That's hard to fix -- would need to remember
the level as it is, and as it appears.

>> I noticed that both characters missed Hell's Armory. Is it gone, or
>> I'm just unlucky?

Unlucky ;-).

> -- General ---------------------------------------------------
>
> Before him 1 brave souls have ventured into Phobos:
>
> Some rumours though, say that the Cyberdeamon was killed already!
> Is he immortal? 1 souls claim to have killed him...
> 1 killed the bastard and survived.
>> 100% record, that! :) Not counting that crash ;).

LOL ;-)
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl)
"From what I've read, a lot of people believe that GenRogue exists and
will be released some day" -- Arxenia Xentrophore

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 02:27:14 +0100, "Kornel Kisielewicz"
<kisielewicz@gazeta.pl> tried to confuse everyone with this message:

>Timofei Shatrov wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:42:08 GMT, grue@mail.ru (Timofei Shatrov) tried
>> to confuse everyone with this message:
>>
>>> A perfectionist YAVP, all special levels visited. Good job on
>>> balancing
>>
>> Almost opposite to that YAVP, this character missed almost all special
>> levels and run out of all ammo towards the end. Killing CD with double
>> shotgun was quite tedious, although I made some shots with BFG&RL
>> beforehand.
>>
>> Also small bugs:
>> *Medpacks change color when both small and large are in LOS.
>
>???

The small medpack is light red normally but it becomes dark red under
some circumstances, e.g. when both large and small medpacks are on the
floor.

--
|a\o/r|,-------------.,---------- Timofei Shatrov aka Grue ------------.
| m"a ||FC AMKAR PERM|| mail: grue at mail.ru http://grue3.tripod.com |
| k || PWNZ J00 || Kingdom of Loathing: Grue3 lvl 18 Seal Clubber |
`-----'`-------------'`-------------------------------------------[4*72]

Timofei Shatrov wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 02:27:14 +0100, "Kornel Kisielewicz"
> <kisielewicz@gazeta.pl> tried to confuse everyone with this message:
>
>> Timofei Shatrov wrote:
>>> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:42:08 GMT, grue@mail.ru (Timofei Shatrov)
>>> tried to confuse everyone with this message:

>>> Almost opposite to that YAVP, this character missed almost all
>>> special levels and run out of all ammo towards the end. Killing CD
>>> with double shotgun was quite tedious, although I made some shots
>>> with BFG&RL beforehand.
>>>
>>> Also small bugs:
>>> *Medpacks change color when both small and large are in LOS.
>>
>> ???
>
> The small medpack is light red normally but it becomes dark red under
> some circumstances, e.g. when both large and small medpacks are on the
> floor.

Impossible! There's no way I can imagine that would happen...
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl)
"Oh come on. We both know the truth about this game -- vapourware." --
Anathiel about GenRogue