Sign in with
Your question

Asus VS238H-P vs Asus VS239H-P

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 26, 2012 5:38:36 AM

Hello,

When I compare these two monitors, it looks like they are nearly identical. The 238 claims to have a better response time (2ms vs 5ms), but the 239 claims to have a better viewing angle.

The only other difference I could find was that the 238 only has DVI and HDMI, while the 239 has DVI, HDMI, and VGA.

Am I missing any other differences? Which one should I buy if I could only afford to buy one? Are there any other monitors that cost about the same amount of money that are better than these two?

Thank you very much!
a b C Monitor
August 26, 2012 3:25:31 PM

There's a huge difference. The VS239H-P is an IPS monitor with better color and viewing angles for just a slightly slower response time. Its still fine for gaming (unless you're a competitive FPS player). The VS238H-P is a TN panel and is inferior in almost any respect. The only thing similar about those two is the housing. The VS239H-P definitely worth another $20.

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/review-asus-vs239h-p-led...
m
l
August 26, 2012 10:32:25 PM

If I were a competitive gamer, would you then recommend that I get the VS238H-P?

Also, is there ever a reason to buy a TN over an IPS if cost was not a factor?
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b C Monitor
August 27, 2012 12:28:14 AM

alifromca said:
If I were a competitive gamer, would you then recommend that I get the VS238H-P?

Also, is there ever a reason to buy a TN over an IPS if cost was not a factor?

No because I don't think you're going to be able to tell the difference. Unless you wanted 3D or 120hz you'd be stuck with TN.
m
l
!