Sign in with
Your question

Can I use two BenQ XL2420T Monitors and 1 XL2420TX for 3D surround?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 27, 2012 12:40:58 AM

Hi,

Recently I have been trying to find monitor for a nVidia 3D vision surround setup. I have pretty much decided on two different setups. The first is 3 Asus VG278H monitors, the other is one XL2420TX in the middle and two XL2420Ts on the sides. The only thing that is keeping me from buying the BenQ monitors is that I'm not sure if they will work together. On other forums some say it will work but not very well. If that is the case I will likely buy the asus monitors.

I will use a single GTX 690 in the beginning but I might buy another depending on its performance.

Thanks
a c 133 C Monitor
August 27, 2012 1:52:10 AM

That is a good question. According to their site, all 3 monitors must be the same make and model, which would mean no, but they pretty much are the same except for the built in emitter.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-surround-system-...

You might want to communicate with Nvidia to be sure.
m
l
August 28, 2012 6:29:23 PM

benq will let you do 3x1 portrait cause it has pivot, and portrait isso much more cooler than landscape.

best
revro
m
l
Related resources
a b C Monitor
April 5, 2013 10:31:35 AM

Yep, you can, in fact, do that.

The reason a number of people say it doesn't work that well is because the built in emitter on the TX isn't amazing - you might be better off buying three of the T's, and picking up the 3d vision kit separably.

That being said, a single 690 isn't going to be able to do what you want from it, because it doesn't have enough graphic memory - though it advertises itself as being a "4GB" card, each chip only has 2GB, and VRAM doesn't stack in SLI.
m
l
a c 133 C Monitor
April 5, 2013 12:05:15 PM

DarkSable said:
Yep, you can, in fact, do that.

The reason a number of people say it doesn't work that well is because the built in emitter on the TX isn't amazing - you might be better off buying three of the T's, and picking up the 3d vision kit separably.

That being said, a single 690 isn't going to be able to do what you want from it, because it doesn't have enough graphic memory - though it advertises itself as being a "4GB" card, each chip only has 2GB, and VRAM doesn't stack in SLI.

I've seen a few people who have run it with 2GB cards, that shouldn't be an issue, especially since he'd have to go without AA and turn down a few settings for smooth game play. 3D doesn't add much vram usage, if any. It isn't much different than any other AFR setup, as each card just renders a different frame like normal AFR.

It is good to know about the TX model combination. I've been wondering about that.
m
l
!