Crawl - mutations? all monsters? save dir?

Hi,
in Crawl (the open source linux/unix/others RPG) - where can I find list
(like online) of possible mutations? And of all monsters?

Also, where is the save directory (in linux/debian)?

--
Rafa³ 'Raf256' Maj

http://koti.mbnet.fi/lava/crawl/

> Also, where is the save directory (in linux/debian)?
Maybe it's the file with the .sav extension?

http://www.eleves.ens.fr/home/grasland/crawl/spoilers/crawl_mutations_015.txt

http://www.eleves.ens.fr/home/grasland/crawl/spoilers/crawl_monsters_012.txt

> Also, where is the save directory (in linux/debian)?

Depends on whether you're using a debian binary (if such thing exist) or
compiled Crawl by yourself.
In the latter case (and if you didn't change any path entries in the
makefile) it should be in /opt/crawl/lib as zip file.
In the former case I don't know. But if you can save w/o getting an
error message you should easily find this file by searching for your
char's name.

Rubinstein

Rubinstein, you're back! Where have you been all this time???

Erik

Rubinstein wrote:

> Depends on whether you're using a debian binary (if such thing exist) or
> compiled Crawl by yourself.

Debian Sarge (and SID) have a package for it :)

just apt-get install crawl and play :)

--
Rafa³ 'Raf256' Maj

Erik Piper wrote:
> Rubinstein, you're back! Where have you been all this time???

I never was gone, just one of my occasional quiet times. If this scares
you too much, should I post a simple ping message on a weekly base? *g*

Rubinstein

Rafa³ Maj Raf256 wrote:
> Rubinstein wrote:
>
>> Depends on whether you're using a debian binary (if such thing exist)
>> or compiled Crawl by yourself.
>
> Debian Sarge (and SID) have a package for it :)

Just curious, do these packages use the same folders (/opt/crawl/bin and
/opt/crawl/lib)?

> just apt-get install crawl and play :)

If you like the game, sooner or later you'll want Darchan's wonderful
patch (actually it's a patch collection, all bundled in one monolithic
patch). Since I doubt it's included in these packages, you then have to
compile your own one anyway. ;-)

Rubinstein

Rubinstein wrote:

> Just curious, do these packages use the same folders (/opt/crawl/bin and
> /opt/crawl/lib)?

no, in /var/games/crawl/*

one can use commend:
strace crawl 2> trace
and then look at the generated text file trace, or use
cat trace | grep open
to see what files/directories are beeing used by the program :)

--
Rafa³ 'Raf256' Maj

Stu

on my debian box its;