What's with the Blue Man Group? I dont get it

G

Seriously now

Blue people playing with sticks and dancing?

?
Please explain

G

its called "PRODUCT AWARENESS"
if you play that enough, ppl will associate CPU's with intel. i thought that was painfully obvious. i guess not.

stop posting such utter utter tripe.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: cape does not enable user to fly.

mjdunn

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2001
Tbird,
I agree with you there commercials suck. Save the money and give it to your customers!

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and most of them stink

G

Hey now, I love that color the P4 is associated with- Popsicle Orange- ahhhh- Brings me back to my youth.

I wonder if there is an orange mans group- LOL
IF not, anybody want to start one? Looks like some orange face paint, black overalls and acting like inquisitive monkeys can net some big casholla.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
only if Intel doesn't hire us LOL

and yeah, if they cut the blue man group commercials maybe then can put more into Q&A

-----------------
"648kb is all the space anyone will ever need!"

Bill Gates, 1980s

broggiemonster

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
AMD processors are good enough to not need any advertising...Intel on the other hand.

The men are blue because they're fed up that Intel has made pentium 4 with a cut down FPU, and they're playing the pipes because it's more entertaining than waiting for the updated Pentium 4 boards and chips...it also helps to distract the watching public from noticing that the current pentium 4 sucks big time....

Ray

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I don't buy processors cause of advertising. I could care less if AMD didn't have commercials WOOPIE DOO

-----------------
"648kb is all the space anyone will ever need!"

Bill Gates, 1980s

G

Yes I was surprised: -the ad doesn't tell you anything about the processor at all!

However, it is entertaining and memorable. The average person probably doesn't want to know details they wouldn't understand anyway, and I guess it does help bring Intel to mind when you think processors.

I haven't seen any TV advertising for AMD here in Australia, although I have seen a billboard over the freeway that says something like "Need to speed? Use AMD processors!"

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
your local bakery has more of a budget for Cable advertising than that of Amd.

Why doesn't Amd advert'z on that Battlebots show, some of those bots are scrap metal and run hot.

"Amd cpu...Gone in 2 secs flat, it truly is a fast chip!"

G

The Blue Man Group is currently a popular Las Vegas show. Sort of like Wayne Newton, but more modern...

- Every private citizen has a public responsibility

G

OK,
the BLue men are perhaps the hottest music group out there today for stage shows,

they play Vegas and AAtlantic City and NYC, and all over the world
they tickets in vegas sell as high as $400, and are sold out a week in advance..

they have been on Letternam, TOnite show, white house,
etc

some poeple on this forum are lame and just think they are a commercial..
they are not..
see the show guys and then judge its amazing,
I have not seensomething like that since CIrque de SOlei
rumor has it ANDY Grove saw their show asn was so impressed
he hired them

you are excluding from the comments as you were asking a legit question :)
does AMD even have a commercial ?

I hope that helps
CAMERON

CYBERIMAGE
<A HREF="http://www.4CyberImage.com " target="_new">http://www.4CyberImage.com </A>
Ultra High Performance Computers-

G

not really aclown show,

a music group..
and talented..
the play at the LUXOR which is pretty impressive..

not to mention all over the world
and the best part, is the open with the Pentium 4 act
to a standing ovation I might add..
alot of hot chicks there to.. I met one..
you should go
:)))
CAMERON

CYBERIMAGE
<A HREF="http://www.4CyberImage.com " target="_new">http://www.4CyberImage.com </A>
Ultra High Performance Computers-

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Clown nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it all over again :(

SPUD

Just some advice from your friendly neighborhood blu man:)

Just some advice from your friendly neighborhood blue man <font color=blue> :smile:

Shocwavez

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
The blue men are my hostages, and if you ever want to see them again you'll surrender all P4's immediatley! Wahahahahahahahaha!

:tongue: <font color=green> I LOVE INTEL. It tastes like chicken </font color=green>

G

AMD had a commercial, soon after the classic athlons were released.

It ran for a month or two. From what I remember it involved a train running into a building and only one computer finished its task on time so the other one got creamed. Was moderately entertaining.

G

Yeah I remember that commercial, but once they released Thunderbird's with L2 at full speed it wasn't necessary. It beat nearly every Intel CPU at the same clock speed. You are right, those commercials stick in your head. And again people don't want technical mumbo jumbo, and from Intel's side that phrase is perfect "Center of your digital world"? LOL!

TRENDING THREADS