2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15" or Less. The smaller the better. A 16" or 17" will work, Ive had trouble finding what I want in a laptop thats less than 17"
3. What screen resolution do you want? Any will work.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable, Its replaceing a desktop but it still needs to be able to go from sitting the couch, to the bed, and back again.
5. How much battery life do you need? The more the better, It will spend most of its life plugged into the wall but id like to get 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours out if it.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes, World of Wacraft on High settings and be able to run 25 man raids and be able to run Diablo 3 on Medium to High settings.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) iTunes, Movies, has to have an HDMI slot
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 320 GB or more
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Ive looked at Alienwares M11x and many MSI's and Asus.
Bestbuy, a block from where I work, has this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Laptop+/+Intel%26%23...
It has most of what im looking for but the size is pretty big but the specs for the price could warrent it.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3+ Years, I want to be able to play Diablo 3 when it comes out at medium to high settings and to keep it as long as possible
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Any, just a Dvd rom works
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Any brand works.
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Im selling my gaming desktop and having to buy a laptop due to needing more space, baby on the way. Gaming is my chief concern and making this laptop last untill Diablo 3 comes out. Ive looked about quite a bit and havent found the right combination of Speed and Size I want.
Please help me.
Core i7-740QM & Mobility Radeon HD 5870 graphics makes for a great gaming laptop and that Asus G73JH is a decent price.
The 1600x900 LCD resolution is fine but the 1920x1080 resolution might be a better choice if you can squeeze it into your budget.